Ratings for Dr. Philippe Vaillancourt

Saw this dr in the er at Brookhaven hospital. He was rude, touched me in a crude way, Odd

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

My experience was one that left me feeling that I should find another pain managent neurologist. My immediate experience with the office staff was not as bad as my experience with Dr Vaillincourt. He came into the examining room asked a few questions that had to be repeated because his understanding of my answer was way off. I had a concern of having RSD which has very specific symptoms one of which is the hand (the area I suffer with) is a different color than the non involved hand. When he said that it wasn't RSD I questioned what about the difference of color in my hands; he looked at both hands side by side and said they are the same color. Clearly the one in question was much whiter than the other. I left the office with a prescription for one month of medication with no refill and he tells me I'll see you in 6 weeks. When I filled the script and took the med for two weeks with no relief I called the office hoping to speak with someone but had to leave a message and someone from his team would get back to me. When I got a return call a message was left on my voice mail that was completely unrelated to my question. I hope your experience is better than mine and you will make your own decision based on your experience; as for me, I'm going to research someone else.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr Vaillancourt is an empathetic and a very skilled neurologist. He listens well and used advanced techniques to reduce my pain and get me feeling so much better. My medical issues were not so easy to diagnose. I had been to a million specialist here and in Florida. Not one of them could figure out what was wrong with me. But Dr Vaillancourt was persistent, meticulous and creative in prescribing a recovery plan I could "live" with. I don't feel out of it anymore. I highly recommend Dr Vaillancourt. He is one of the best I've ever had and I'm so grateful that I found him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

calling the office to get anything at all is horrendous you'll be on hold for 20+ mins before even talking to someone than your lucky if they actully know what they are saying ive waited anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour in the waiting room than once in there he wont listen to me and just keeps pushing other things when i know for a fact the pain meds will work just give me a few more per month...tbh im thinking of getting a new doctor if he doesnt start listening soon

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Vaillancourt is one of the brightest doctors I know. I completely agree with the two comments below. I have been a patient of his for 5 years. I can see how the patients below could view the office waiting room and front desk as chaotic - it certainly can be, especially behind the desk. Charts are everywhere and patients' privacy is not highly regarded. However, within 5 years, that office has done about a 180 degree turn around. The "customer service" was beyond terrible and the phone would ring and ring - sometimes requiring one to continue calling back, and that's not always so feasible. It seems as though everyone has stepped up quite a bit. There are definitely some coordinators who are more personable than others. My advice is to find one you like and continue working with that one, if possible - some docs have their own coordinator assigned to them. If you can overlook some of the inefficiencies at the front desk, I think you'd be very satisified with Dr. Vaillancourt.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

I LOVE Dr.Vaillancourt--the previous reviewer described him just the way I would, however, they were extremely kind in their description of that office. It is pure CHAOS!! It could literally make a person in pain or with a problem feel worse! They are also terrible with rx refills--even though they have an electronic system right to the drugstore--that was a huge improvement. The way the office is run there is just too much room for big-time error and someone is going to get hurt!!! Charts everywhere, too many people getting in everyone's way, also--patient's privacy is NOT respected--staff will ask about your meds right in front of everyone--even your pain meds! Not cool! I hate to call for refills on meds--they are never ready when they say they will be ready and then you must wait in the chaotic waiting room. And yup--you should get that early appointment--and do not arrive 20 minutes early--that's the biggest joke!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

Dr.Vaillancourt is very thourough, easy to talk to and likeable. He is open to your own thoughts/suggestions and will explain what you need to know. Get an early AM appointment to avoid the wait. If there's a specific test/treatment you want--ask, he will do it or explain why it's not appropriate. He can be a bit absent minded So--make sure you leave with all you prescriptions and referrals. I think it's because the office, in general, is so overwhelming and busy--there is an atmosphere of chaos, so once you leave the exam room, he goes to his office to "dictate" and it's easy to forget things. Dr. Vaillancourt has a very calm, easygoing demeanor, which doesn't fit in with the "fast pace" of the office--you will see that when you go there. But--I like him and he has helped me very much--he's my kind of doc!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. Philippe Vaillancourt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Vaillancourt, the supervisor of the Pain Management Group here at South Shore Neurologic Associates, P.C., graduated from McGill University in 1978. His postgraduate training included an internship at the New York University Medical Center in Psychiatry, Medicine and Neurology, a residency in Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center, a residency in neurology at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, and was chief resident at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Vaillancourt is Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with special qualifications in Pain Management as well as by the American Board of Pain Medicine.

• French
  • Spanish
  • English

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Riverhead, NY