Ratings for Dr. Benson W. Yu

Dr Benson Yu has been my doctor for a couple of years now. His office staff behind the small window, well, it is not the best visually appealing and they are at times sort of blunt and frank in how they speak to patients. Kind of gives you the impression of the old family run medical business of years ago in US China towns. That being said, expect to experience the 2 or more hours of waiting. But here is why I accept the 2 hour wait cause its worth it. Dr. Benson Yu once he sees you, you have his undivided attention and focus. He is very approachable and friendly. Engages you in conversations and if you have questions, he explains them to you to make sure you understand. He is very through with his examinations and test that he recommends in order for him to diagnosis and treat your ailment. He spends a great deal of time with you, unlike other doctors that I have seen that sees you for like 5-10 minutes and then writes you a prescription and rushes off to other patients.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. Benson Yu is a great doctor and he cares his patients tremendously. If patients don't have insurance to cover prescription and Dr. Yu would give free samples and would help patients for all resources to get free prescription such as going to pharmaceutical company website to apply. Dr. Yu would verify patient incomes and have the prescription shipped to his doctor office. Where on earth you can find doctor can do this favor to patients, none except Doctor Yu. He is a great man with good heart, I am the living proof for him. Teresa Sutherland(One of his patient)

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I don't care if I wait 3 days in a row to see Dr. Yu, he is one of those doctors who have a HEART, cares about his patients and will go the extra mile with your case. Sometimes I wonder what type of life experience led him to be a caring doctor like this. He is the best doctor out there. I wish him nothing but the best, bless his heart. Alot of you complain about the wait time, yes, because he spends 30+ min with each patient. He doesn't just come in and go, he gives you all the time in the world and won't leave you until he answered all your questions---he treats you like you are his only patient for the day---now you tell me how many doctors do that. That's why he is worth the wait. Aside from everything else, he is very respectful especially with the elderly. The way he treats my grandma is as if it was his own. Where can you find a doctor like that. Bless the belly that carried and delivered this man. He is an example of what doctor should be like.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

it's terrible, every time visiting DR Yu got to wait at least 2 hours and up, then after the staff call your name got into the room, you have to wait about at least 30 minutes before the doctor wall in. on the other hand, the annual check up result test, you need to set up appointment to wall in to see the doctor, pay your copay and waited at least 2 hours again, I wonder why Dr Yu office can't give me a call about the test result rather than waste my time to sit in the office for more than 2 hours to hear the word from the doctor said "the test result is Ok.". if you meet the training student when the time you visited, he enplane your sick situation to the student more than talk to you. well at the bottom line, I won't recommend to my friends to Dr Yu and I will look for another family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Waiting time and office condition are not well managed. Needs big improvement.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Horrible. Wait on Average 2-3 hours. The worse part is the wait was because he was upgrading their computer system during office hours. One word to describe this office...UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!! Do not come here unless you block out your entire day to see a doctor for 5 minutes, the rest if the time is spent on waiting!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Waiting with a teenager for nearly 2 hours in unacceptable. The staff was not helpful either. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone no matter how good he is rated. The customer service is terrible and not professional.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Your average wait time is 2 hrs to see doc., the only person want to see doc. is when you sick, tell me how you feel now?

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Waiting time is terrible. At least 2 to 3 hours wait to see the doctor. He will not give me my test results over the phone even if they are normal, and when I asked the office staff to mail me a copy of my test results, I was forced to make an appointment to get a copy of the tests. I have a right to receive my test results without having to be forced to see the doctor everytime especially if there is nothing wrong. Office staff runs very inefficiently and is not responsive to questions. Doctor will not call you back.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

The amount time of waiting is terrible 2-2 and a half hours at the waiting lobby and another 45 minutes in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr. Benson W. Yu's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1990)