Ratings for Dr. Balchandra Dhawan

Wow!!! I can’t believ all these unhappy patients that probably didn’t get their way with dr D but as for my experience with this doctor, it was absolutely amazing!!! He diagnosed my autoimmune disease with just one look at me and mind you 3 specialists I was referred to all doubted it and said he was wrong and at the end HE WAS RIGHT!!!!!! Biopsy and blood work confirmed his assumption... shows that even a specialist can be wrong and this doctors knowledge blew my mind and for that I switched over my whole family to him because I can feel and see the care he has for his patients. These negative comments are just ppl that couldn’t handle his knowledge smh!!! I even recommended friends to go see him if they had an issue because like I said he was right about my illness and the illness I’m dealing with now is a very hard one to diagnose and he did it by just one examination of me which blew my mind away when I got the results. I would trust this doctor with my life!! He also successfully dealt with my 3 year olds illness after I was sent home 3 times by emergency doctors forbher to die and all he had done was prescribe antibiotics and told me she will get better in 24 hours which again blew my mind and after 3 weeks of her on and off with a high fever and in and out of hospitals and Pediatritions office with no success and her getting worst by the day he had her up and running around within 24 hours 😢😢😢😢 I LOVE THIS DOCTOR!!!!! I even told him he better not retire lol because I will not see another doctor but him when it comes to me and my kids.....

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Absolutely fantastic doctor. Tion time to hear my questions out and thoroughly explained to me the situations regarding my problem.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

He treated my friend worse than an animal, just because she is young he would not listen to her detail her symptoms about her back and nausea. Instead he insisted on focusing on her stuffed sinus, which disappeared by tonight! He said she did not trust him but he did not trust her to speak about her own body and symptoms. Doctors should not treat someone asking for help like this, this is not the Hippocratic oath

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have had to go to emergency because of my current health recently. Sunnybrook told me they could not refer me to mri per hospital policy but told me to go to doctors and gave me referral to an internal clinic. My appointment is weeks away and my symptoms are worrying and I was basically treated like a liar about my symptoms. I did not go there for a cold but for an issue which existed before my cold and has killed enough of my life. I want to go back to university and begin my work already. I know my body and I am not a liar. Perhaps I did not leave a good impression on this doctor and failed to explain myself properly.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Rating a Dr. is such a difficult thing to do if you are not working in the field or have any medical knowledge all you can do is pass on your personal feelings and experiences. Sorry to see the negative comments but Dr. Patient relationships go both ways. A good match of personalities can work miracles but the opposite can be true of any relationship so chose a Dr. that matches your personality and needs. Dr. Dhawan is a new family Dr. for me here in Toronto and has so far been great and so has his staff. I have MS ( for the past 15 years) and have many issues related to my illness. He has been far more helpful than other doctors and specialists I have seen and has been trying to educate himself with all the new symptom treatments and passing this information on to me. He has listened closely to my health issues and giving me all options for treatment and naturally when the issue is beyond his expertise he refers me to a specialist as he should! He has always given me a choice of treatments available, locations for any special diagnosis such as Ultrasounds, is very proactive in his approach to my care , has freely and politely given his opinions and advise and so far he gives me the opportunity to make the decision to take that advice or explore other options without discord . He has always explained thoroughly any drug prescribed and its potential side effects, risks or benefits. Again I recommend that you choose a Dr. that not only has your best interest in mind but that you listen to his advice and make educated decisions. Be sure that you choose one that you can feel comfortable with and like as this is a very important life relationship. Rather than berating someone who is not a good match for your personality or needs simply find someone who does as others may find the opposite to be true for them.

Submitted August 31, 2017

He needs to be more intelctual aND be more sensitive to his patients.To tell the truth, I was going to clean his clock.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I was looking for a new famity Dr. And was referred by health care connect.My first appointment went rather well with him being very concerned and caring.He prescribed me medication I requested and all was well, until I took the prescription to my pharmacy.They said that the medication he prescribed me conflicted with another medication I was taking. The pharmacy called his office and three days later I was told to stop taking this medication. I went in to see him the next day to ask him why you said you knew what I was already taking when you prescribe me this medication and now you're telling me that I can't take it? He show me on the computer that the two medications conflict and I said well you know I was on the medication when you prescribe this we discussed this already and he said yes I know but you cannot take it anymore. I told him that I had taking this medication before with the medication I was already taking and it was prescribed by a psychiatrist. He said to me okay tell the name of the other Pharmacy in the name of the doctor that you were getting this from. So I told him the name of the pharmacy and the name of the doctor that originally prescribe it to me. He told me he was going to check it out and call me to come in and see him. He called me to come in and see him and told me I was a liar that I've never received this medication from the pharmacy that I had named. Basically called me a liar and this made me break down into tears as I have severe anxiety and depression. It was at this point I told him that I have a referral to go and see the psychiatrist that originally prescribed this from me and I need you to okay the referral. So he okayed the referral and now I have to see the psychiatrist to get the medication prescribed again. I didn't appreciate being called a liar he obviously didn't do his homework and check the pharmacy that I was getting the medication from and if you knew what he was doing he would have told the pharmacy yes I know what I prescribe my patient and it's okay that he takes it not prescribe it to me and then cut me off 3 days later. I think he needs to be more considerate towards patients with mental illnesses and get more versed with patients suffering from anxiety and depression. He also said to me that because I had told him this is the only medication that works for me he suggested that when patients say this they are drug addicts. I really didn't appreciate this and it was very hurtful to me I have been trying a long time to find a half decent family doctor and I thought I found it I guess I was wrong.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I am extremely surprised by some of the comments below. I can almost bet that someone is "trolling". He is literally the best doctor I've had in the last 30 years. Yes, it seems like he has a pattern of moving places in the past few years. But you would be genuinely lucky to have him. I have seen him work at his clinic in Nova Scotia and he was always punctual. Like one of the posts below said, he really changed the entire environment of the clinic (both internally with a happy staff and externally with the design). He is extremely passionate in his work and he always gave me enough time for my appointment, which tells me that he is very caring and focuses on providing patient-centered care. However, I would agree that he sometimes has problems communicating (maybe due to a language barrier?), but trust me when I say that he is very competent for what he does. He knows his medical knowledge and he is a great doc. I just want to take some time and tell anyone who reads these comments that most people who make these posts/comments are unhappy from their (probably one) appointment and take their frustration out here by repeatedly posting on here. In contrast, many people who like their doctors, don't take the time to post reviews. I was just wondering where he moved to, and I stumbled upon this website. So it's a shame to see these comments. Dr. Dhawan if you see this, I hope the comments below don't let you down. You are the best doctor I've ever had in Yarmouth and I can assure that most of your patients in our small town truly miss you.

Submitted February 25, 2016

I am surprised by the negative comments, can't be the same Doctor because I find Dr Dhawan humble, knowledgeable and very thoughtful. I am very happy to have him as my GP

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Dhawan is incompetent and lacks knowledge and skills on very basic procedures. In a word, he is really stupid!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015