Ratings for Dr. Abdulrahim Alawashez

Surgery with Dr. Alawashez was uneventful. He was very thorough and surgery went really well and recovery was easy. I got in quickly to see him and surgery was not too long after. His secretary was great, very compassionate, and always got back to me and even had the doctor call me when I had a small concern. Dr. Alawashez is very knowledgeable and he listened to my problems. I would definitely recommend him

Submitted December 9, 2016

He's great. I was seen quickly, and my health issue was taken care of quickly and well. If I needed surgery again I would get referral to him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I saw another surgeon first, but wasn't comfortable with the plan for my treatment. I wanted a second opinion, and Dr. Alawashez was the man for the job. After seeing him, I found out that my condition was more serious than my previous doctor had thought. Dr. Alawashez had ran more tests when no one else would and made sure that he had a full picture of my health so that he could treat me. After surgery, I am on my way to recovery, and so happy that I went to see him. If you feel that your voice is not being heard about your own body and healthcare plan, then go see this doctor. He is the best, no question, and I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

This man saved my life. He is intelligent, compassionate, and the best Dr I have ever talked to. I was at ease when I went for my surgery and the only reason was because it was him. I hope he stays in our small community because we need him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I needed to have surgery on my bowel. I was really scared that I would end up with a colostomy bag and was very scared when I went for my consult. Dr. Alawashez was very good. He took time to explain the surgery and benefits ands risks. He was confident and that helped me calm down. Surgery was not very long after the consult, and it went really well. I was a little nervous because I heard the nurses saying I should stay at the hospital longer, but Dr. Alawashez told me I was ready to go home. He was right! His skill is very high, and he's nice and calm too. So glad I had him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I am a health care professional and have a good understanding of how things work. Recently I found out that I needed to have a serious surgery on my breast. I was going to see another surgeon in the hospital, but due to long waitlists I ended up seeing Dr. Alawashez. It was the best thing that ever happened. Dr. Alawashez is very knowledgeable, his bedside manner is impeccable, and I felt that my health was his top priority every time I have seen him. His surgical skills are above and beyond what one would expect to find at such a small town hospital. I highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I went to Dr. Alawashez and really liked . He was very thorough and knowledgeable. Had surgery laparoscopically and recovery was a breeze. His staff was great and I got in promptly.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I would forewarn clients that have a consult to perhaps seek a second opinion. I had a family member with a fairly serious situation have an initial surgical consult with this practitioner. He was unprepared and states he did not have the test results from the family doc. Suggested that perhaps it was all taken care of and maybe he'lol redo the test. As I am in the health professions a pursued a second opinion immediately to have a surgeon in Halifax immediately schedule appropriate follow up and had reviewed all diagnostics. I would not at all Be confident in this practitioner based on This experience. And I hope to communicate that to his office soon.

Submitted November 25, 2015

He is a great doctor, extremely knowledgeable and an amazing person, caring, goes beyond what you expect.He take the time to explain the situation and treatment in full.He truly listens. He is truly a credit to his profession.I am shocked that a doctor like him continues to reside in Nova Scotia.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014