Ratings for Dr. Marie A. Anderson

I had twin boys. This was my second pregnancy. Dr. Anderson was excellent in her care and knowledge. She answered all of my questions quickly and honestly. She came to visit me in the hospital and knew immediately as she walked in that I needed to stay an extra day. She is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

The only good thing I can say about her is that she's thorough. Other than that, she's one of the rudest, meanest doctors I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Where do I even begin. I had surgery after a miscarriage 3 years ago. Since then, I have not been able to conceive. I have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to get pregnant. Finally, I went to see Dr. Fisk and he read my surgery notes from 3 years ago. SEVERAL doctors have read these notes and Dr. Fisk was the first to report to me: dr anderson did not remove all of my adhesions, AND she did not tell me that I had fallopian tube damage!!!! I was so upset that I left the office crying. 3 years gone and I could have a couple of children running around. I would not trust Dr. Anderson to remove a splinter from my pinky finger. She is awful and has caused years of heartbreak and marital strain. Not to mention debt.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

*Horrendous* bedside manner. She actually asked if I "had a death wish". Most painful internal exam I've ever had. She actually tried to scare me into a cesarean section at just 28 weeks because she didn't agree w/ my decision to VBA2C. She lied about an EFM readout to try to get me to consent to a c/s. Thank GOD the nurse called her on it. She actually performed my 1st c/s and actually MISSED a uterine anomaly which is *really* hard to do.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. Anderson. She is rude/crude. I almost died of an infection because of the c-section that was preformed by her. She was no where to be found after my baby was born. My husband called multiple times telling them I was very ill and she didn't care.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

She is a wonderful gynocologist. She educated me on my issues and gave me all info so that I could make the best decision regarding a hysterectomy. In the end I chose the hysterectomy. She did the surgery and all of the follow up. I had no issues and I am glad I made that decision.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

When questioned Dr. Anderson prefers scare tactics to a clear assessment of the risks of a situation. The practice holds itself out as naturalbirth friendly, but isn't.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2008

Great great doc! Very gentle and knowledgeable. We have great affection for Dr Anderson as she played a huge roll in the survival of our very ill baby. We truly believe that her good judgment as a doctor is why we have him here today.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Dr. Anderson did a wonderful job delivering my baby. She is top notch! My only complaint is that she is so popular that one can be stuck in the waiting room for a while.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

This doctor is great! She is kind, gentle, professional, and smart!I suffered 2 miscarraiges and she was so helpful when it came to what I could do next. I felt like she really cared about me and my loss!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Dr. Marie A. Anderson's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)

Champ Va