Ratings for Dr. Lal Fernando

Kind of like Yoda, just as eccentric but definitely less patient! He means well and I found him helpful, empathizes in his own gruff way, which is more than I can say for others in his field. Doesn't like you to say more than a few words at a time. Writes diagrams and notes for you which you keep- also helpful. Beyond the first maybe 15 min long consult, appts seem to be under 5 min long. He is 100% medical model and medication, and I never thought I'd take a drug for ADD but darn it, its helping a lot. I strongly recommend Dr. Gabor Mate's book on ADD called "Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It." I have found it to be a crucial supplement to medicating so you can understand how AD(H)D probably started in your life and emotionally process that part, and read other stories like yours. ADD is not just genes...

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018