Ratings for Dr. Esther Kim

Dr. Kim is always in a rush to leave, and even when we are still talking she's walking to the door and leaving the room. I've actually had to chase her down out in the hallway to finish asking her my questions. This is why her punctuality is so good. But she won't even spend your 10 minute appointment with you. You're lucky when you get 5 minutes. Her head is always in the laptop... she has no bedside manner at all. She doesn't know medicine at all it seems and is willing to refer to a specialist at the drop of a hat because she can't figure anything out. It sounds great - except that a specialist appointment can take up to 12 months and you have no idea what's going on. Calling the clinic you either get a busy signal, or they answer and say "AbleCare can you hold please" and then you wait and wait...

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Kim has been good for me. If she doesn't know an answer, she sends me to a specialist rather than guess. She is always punctual, polite and wastes no time with small chat. Dr. Tosefsky was so nice to have Dr. Kim come on board when he left. The front staff have improved greatly over the past few weeks/months.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Shes polite and excellent if you have simple problems (cough, cold) but for more serious or complicated stuff, I don't feel she has the experience or (more likely) the energy. The past 2 years left me feeling like she counts down the minutes to the next patient ask you talk to her. This clinic is being pushed to its limits since becoming a walk-in clinic. I've been at this clinic for over a decade and I am currently seeking a new family doctor/clinic.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Good experience with this doctor. She is very understanding and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

writing this for a family member that has been seeing Dr Kim since Dr T left the clinic. They have been in pain for over 4 weeks now, get told to go to emergency, and still do not get answers. She does not listen to the patient or their complaints. Changes meds that the family member has been on for years and under control and they have now has more problems than with the old medication. With both Dr T and Dr A gone from this clinic and it also being a walk in clinic as well the overall service has gone down hill. Looking for a new doc for this family member now.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have seen Dr. Kim since Dr. Tosfsky has left the AbleCare practice. She has misdiagnosed me several times, she told my daughter he sore leg was growning pains and it would be fine in a week, my daughters leg was broken. She has 2 times diagnosed me with Canacer, when I didn't have any. Yet I have a skin rash she has yet been able to diagnose or get rid of. She doesn't listen to you and she over diagnoseses medicines. She is an aweful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Kim for a few years since Dr. Tosefsky left and I have been very happy with her. She seems very thorough and the specialists she has sent me to have been very impressed with the depth of involvement she has taken with my issues. She doesn't remember all my history but is able to find it all in her notebook. She is professional, repsectful, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Esther Kim ever since Dr. Tosefsky left last September and I have enjoyed my appointments with her. I am a cancer survivor twice and a survivor of a traumatic brain injury acquired in 1989. Dr. Kim has been organizing all my tests promptly and I will be meeting her this forthcoming Friday for the possibility of a recurring cancer taking place. I have been bleeding profusely. I had colorectal and ovarian cancer in the past. I trust wholeheartedly that Dr. Kim will get the MRIs and CT Scans done. Already a blood and urine and faeces test have been done and the results are forthcoming. Dr. Kim is gentle and listens well. Her courteous manner is wonderful. I miss Dr. Tosefsky but he told me that I would find Dr. Kim a joy as my G.P. and I agree. Voila!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Kim when Dr. Tosefsky left. I have found her to be very helpful, and she refers me to a specialist when needs be. She really does listen to me. I also appreciate that she is pretty well on time each visit. I take into consideration that Dr. Kim is young and will become "better" with experience :)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

My family has been going to Able Care since we moved to the area in 1996. I have had a few Pap tests done before so I am well aware of what to expect. It's usually a quick in and out to get the swab, but Dr. Kim took over a minute to get the swab and had to go in and out several times. I have never felt so much pain afterwards and I was sore for the next two days. I was shocked! My next Pap test is due soon and I am very afraid to go back to her to get it done. Unfortunately the clinic won't let any other female doctor do the pap test for me because my family doctor is already a female. :(

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016