Ratings for Dr. Alina Marin

Dr. Marin totally ruined my life for aprox. seven months. I was on a regular dose of a anti-depressant but was still not feeling quite myself, and was experiencing difficulty concentrating, so I went to Dr. Marin for an ADD assessment, which I did not have. She decided, however, to take me on as a psychiatric patient and prescribed my anti-psychotic drugs, which I took as prescribed, trusting her. They were a shock to my system and within a month, I was severely depressed and almost not functioning. She forced me into the psych ward at that point, and diagnosed me with bi-polar, unbending in her diagnosis. My friends and family were all shocked because it DID NOT FIT at all! She put me on bi-polar medication and forced me to take it. She also filled out a disability report, saying I would never be able to function in a work environment. It took me months to recover from the various drugs she was giving me, which I was able to stop taking a couple of months after I got out of the hospital and they stopped monitoring me. I then went back on my plain old anti-depressant, and have been fine since for almost 4 years, working full time and living a perfectly normal life. This woman is a nightmare, and she should not have the ability to prescribe these drugs.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

How someone with this repour can be a psychiatrist is beyond me. I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with her. Goodluck!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Wow, I am sorry that people have had a bad experience with Dr. Marin. I have found her to be very helpful for me. Her treatment and diagnosis has turned my life around and I am very happy with my situation. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about but it she has been very good to me.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

She has her own agenda and does not care about looking at what's appropriate for her patients. She's very rude and slammed the phone once in my face. What a nightmare it is to have this woman making decisions for people's lives.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I don't mind waiting for doctors, but on two occasions I waited two hours, only to be informed apologetically by her secretary that Dr Marin forgot about our appointments. She had her mind made up about my diagnosis the minute I walked in to the door to meet her, and was unwilling to accept anything different. Immediately I was put on a cocktail of drugs, that made me so sedated I had to take time off work. I was literally the stereotype of a drugged-up psychiatric zombie patient. Dr Marin seemed to think this was an improvement, apparently the goal was not to get me feeling healthy and happy, but to make me feel nothing at all. When I was on all the medication she prescribed, I was too out of it to care to be depressed or care about anything, really, other then sleep. I stopped questioning the diagnosis and medication and just gave in. She encouraged me to continue not working and go on disability, claiming that this was just the way it was now, and the clarity and happiness I longed for was apparently aiming too high and not realistic. It was an awful quality of life. She was terrible with monitoring my medication with the blood tests, often forgetting, and did not listen to my worries my dosage was too high. It was not until I insisted on a blood test, she confirmed that yes, it was way too high. These were heavy duty serious medications. Honestly, I don't know what would've happened to me if I would've kept on that path. I switched to a different doctor, was re-diagnosed, and given the proper treatment and I finally am starting to put my life back together, two YEARS ago later.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014