Ratings for Dr. Altay Altuntas

Would never go to anyone else now, hes an amazing surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

My mother recently had a total knee replacement surgery performed by Dr Altay Altuntas. Prior to surgery my mother was reluctant and worried about having it done. After surgery mum left the hospital in four days walking with crutches and very confident. We are so grateful and impressed with the professionalism, speed of recovery and the support provided by Altay and his support staff. He was very friendly, approachable and is an expert in his field. We can not surpass the wonderful, hard working nurses at St Vincent's hospital whom attended to my mother attentively. One word of advice don't wait any longer. Just do it. Mum is now looking forward to having her other knee done.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Unfortunately my knee is no better after having the Arthroscope. I had a medial meniscus tear, but still have pain and swelling in the same spot. It's as if I never had the operation.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I had a superpath hip replacement performed by Dr Altay Altuntas on Friday 25 July 2014 at St Vincent's Private Hospital at the age of 55. Altay and his staff and the staff at St Vincent's just made the whole experience a "non-event" as it was all so easy and I was up walking on crutches the next day and by the time I left the hospital a few days later I was using just one crutch, even though I was "practicing" around the corridors of the hospital with no crutches. Once home didn't bother with the crutches at all, not even for steps and was back at work as an IT Project Manager 3 weeks later. I have always been keen to keep myself relatively fit and for 12 months before the operation this was difficult because of the hip pain and I should have gone to see Altay a lot earlier but I kept putting it off hoping my osteoarthritis would just go away. Before my 6 week review in September 2014 I was back at pilates and yoga. Of course, my stretch wasn't what it was but there was no pain associated with any of the movements. Today I completed my 12 month check and my other area of interest is martial arts and I started back at karate classes in January 2015 and continue with my pilates and yoga. The only reason I remember it's there is because I "beep" going through security at the airport:) Go to Altay's website as it has so much information http://www.draltay.com/

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I had a superpath hip replacement performed by Dr Altay Altuntas 6 weeks ago early Nov 2014 Although requiring a hip replacement almost 10 months prior I contracted Shingles which delayed the operation. During that time I researched new improvements in hip replacements found Superpath and identified Surgeons using this technique in the U.S. A surgeon in the US kindly mentioned some surgeons doing this technique in Sydney. Discussions there led me to two surgeons in Melb doing this technique. Very shortly thereafter I had an appt with Altay Altuntas. I couldn't recommend Altay any higher, firstly appt times are made and completed with a friendly approach coupled with a genuine interest in you as the patient. His explanation of Superpath quickly convinced me and shortly thereafter I was operated on at The Avenue Hospital.By the way if you need a hip replacement insist on The Avenue, my treatment was superb. Superpath appears to be everything that I read about from my Google research. Recovery was swift, I was driving our family car in 9 days, crutches discarded at the 6th day, helping out in our garden about the 3rd week, I just steam cleaned our house today, about 6 weeks after the operation. I am 73 years old so to be quite honest I didn't expect this quick recovery time. Finally I have to comment on the team around this surgeon, from the lovely lady arranging appts and welcome to the office to the physician checking you out prior to hospital admittance, the expert anaesthetist, the physiotherapists at the hospital, I can only comment this is a very classy and professional practice overseen by a remarkably competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015