Ratings for Dr. Thomas L. Davies

I have been coming to this dr for about 3years already he has been nice to me every time unless I gain a little too much weight he will just make a comment but nothing dramatic I love his nurse shes so nice and very helpful unlike his receptionist it seems as if they just started yesterday I liked the other girls but oh well I guess they will do this is my 2nd child so hopefully his assistant nurse stays there this whole pregnancy I think shes the main reason why I still go but overall the dr is nice and the assistance nurse is awesome what I can say I totally ooooooooo dislike is that im 26weeks pregnant and so far I've only had 1 ultrasound :/

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

I went to this docter for bothe my children and i dreaded every appointment. I only got one ultrasound pre kid! The wait time from when I arrived till I seen the docter was about three hours! When I was pregnant with my son I gained a bit of wait towards the end and the dr blew up on me in front of my mother calling me fat and disgusting and that I was killing my baby! When I was in labor with my daughter witch was induced he wasn't Evan at the hospital my baby was crowning and there was no docter to diliver her my legs were held down for 20mins by nurses while we waited for the docter and as soon as she piped out he was out the door!! This dr is a somewhat okay dr but his people skills lack big time

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

Dr.Davies has been my OBGYN or over 25 years. He has delivered my 8 children. He never rushes through any of the appts. and is a strong believer in natural births. He is not a pusher of C-sections unless it is needed. I had all natural deliveries. He was there for each delivery until my last and she just came to fast. He is the best delivery doctor. When I was so tired and thought I could push no more, he was so encouraging,and coached me on. He came to see me each day I was in the hospital without fail. I highly recommend this doctor. My mother now uses him as well. He is an old fashioned doctor and uses his hands for measurement instead of a tape measure. If one of your concerns is that you want a doctor that will allow your baby to decide when he are she wants to be born instead of a doctor that will schedule a c-section or an induced birth for his convenience, then Dr. Davies is for you. He allows the babies to make their own date unless a complication occurs.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Comment: I had the most awful doctor visit of my life. Dr. Davies was just terrible not only did he only ask me two questions about how I am feeling; he also caused me a lot of pain and discomfort from the exam in which I am still feeling today. It was so bad last night that I called the 24hour helpline. I am not pleased with his lack of professionalism; obviously he believes that a person on Medicaid is not worth his special attention. After all the pain I have gone through I am still uncertain about my due date he gave me the same date I could easily get off the internet. After I told him about my irregular period and visit to a specialist about fertility. I am definitely finding another doctor. I will not subject my baby or myself to such ill treatment.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

THIS DOCTOR IS A JERK!! He wrote things on my record like I had "forced" him to do my ultrasound 2 weeks early, and that I "insisted" on an antibiotic which I actually found out from his staff is HARMFUL TO FETUSES. It was NOT the prescription I had asked for. This man also does not acknowledge me at ALL if there is someone else at the appointment with me, and IM THE PREGNANT WOMAN!! He had the NERVE to make me feel bad by saying "I wouldn't have recommended them if I knew you were going to choose someone else" when I chose to have my FAMILY adopt the baby over some family he had call me. I did NOT request that he give them my information. I HATE THIS DOCTOR. And his waiting room is cramped, and they NEVER tell you that he's on a delivery and running late until you've been waiting an hour and get up to ask!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

I used Dr. Davies for about 10 years for yearly exams and he was great. Then I got pregnant and all of a sudden I felt like I was more of a nuissance than a patient. Having a baby is supposed to be a positive experience. It was not...until I changed Dr's half way. The straw that broke that camel's back was when I went in for my 20 week visit and had gained too much weight according to Dr. Davies. He actually told me that to put on that much weight I must have eaten everything in sight and that I needed to show some self control!!! Another note on his staff - they are constantly talking about other patients in the earshot of the waiting room. Very unprofessional. I think that if Dr. Davies does not want to deliver babies he should practice gynecology only.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2008

When I was pregnant with my first child Dr. Davies NEVER listened to the babies heartbeat. He NEVER measured my stomach. He was in the delivery room long enough to catch the baby and left and I never saw him again. His staff is horrible. Do not go there for pregnancy. He must be a birth control doctor only. I went to him for 7 years and was so disappointed in his treatment of my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Davies himself is very intelligent but I always get the feeling he'd rather be somewhere else and I'm wasting his time. the exams are perfunctory and I get the feeling too that he's not listening to my concerns with more than half an ear. His staff is TERRIBLE and makes comments about patients within their hearing, doesn't understand simple office procedures, etc.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

I liked this dr at my very first visit. After that, each time I go in I leave feeling very belittled. He is not satisfied with my weight gain during this pregnancy but it is at no fault of my own and he insists that it is. We do not seem to agree on a lot of things. He makes me feel very little when I ask questions. Another thing I do not like about this dr is he does not regularly check baby's heart beat nor does he properly measure the stomach. I kinda got stuck with thihs dr as not many drs accept medicaid in this area. I just hope that delivery goes better. I have not had a problem with staff, just the dr.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

he's a good doctor, a very helpful guy who makes these types of visits a little less uncomfortable...his staff is kind of a pain though..he has some women that work at the front desk that aren't that bright...one in particular doesn't seem to understand confidentiality...she actually went through and asked me about my entire gynecological history in the hallway where other patients were sitting and workmen were working on something...if i hadn't needed the birth control so badly i may have walked out just because of his front desk staff even though this guy is a really good doctor and several other women in my family go to him but we all hate the people at the front desk

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

Dr. Thomas L. Davies's Credentials

• Univ Of Manchester, Fac Of Med, Manchester (352-08 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1967)