Ratings for Dr. Aryeh M. Abeles

I don't live any where near him but I travel the 30+ minutes for my appointments because of how well he has treated me. He remembers things from my medical history that I forgot about and is always trying to make sure I am comfortable with my current treatment and will take the time to answer any questions I have, including the biomechanics of my medication.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

After I asked my doctor if I had a certain sickness because I did not feel well and had a number of symptoms that would have been symptomatic he said 'He didn't think it was anything' but thankfully he sent me to Dr. Aryeh Abeles. Dr. Abeles was very kind, listening to my complaints, looked at the outwardly visible symptoms, had me take a blood test and told me that I had RA. I have been with him ever since and love the appointments I have. He is very thorough and compassionate, especially when I have the occasional flair up. I have full confidence in him and am very happy that he is much younger than I am so that I will be able to consult him for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Dr. told me I wasn't sick but just depressed . After two hip replacements, surgeries to remove arthritic nodules, pleurisy, multiple parotitis episodes and enlarged lymph nodes, I'm pretty sure it's not depression. Thank God for rheumatolgists that listen to their patients because I'm sure I would be dead by now if I didn't receive any treatment!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Love HIM!!! Spent over a year going to all kinds of specialists w/no help, 1 visit he looked at records, listened, left room for 4 mins, came back and said, "it's a long shot, but its all I can think of, want to try?" and I jumped at the chance. In days I felt 80% better. Its been a year, I see him every month, we've switched meds due to some side effects. He's very easy to talk to. I even sent my mom to him and she loves him too! Can't beat that!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Very pleased with Dr. Abeles. Kind and thorough. Seems very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Very kind doctor as well as very up to date on current treatments. He gives treatment options and lets me choose what I would like to use. If I have any questions he's just a phone call away and gets back to me within a day. My appointments are always on time with no waiting.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

very knowledgeable, thorough and thoughtful. I highly recommend and am very pleased with care obtained. much better than the previous rheumatologist i saw

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

excellent physician who corrected my previous rheumatologist's errors. i am very grateful to him

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

Well either the dr. has some friends on here or he hates us Medicaid patients. diagnosed me with fibro without any mri, x-ray or bloodwork to confirm otherwise and basically said he could do nothing for me, but I could go to Massachusettes, very funny since I can't even drive. So no one at UCONN treats fibro? My experience with every dr. affiliated with UCONN is extremely bad.

Submitted April 6, 2011

not interested. good at bilking patients. misdiagnosed stay away

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Dr. Aryeh M. Abeles's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AARP