Ratings for Dr. Daniel R. Marsh

he is evil with absolutly no care to actually understand what is going on. he shud be behind bars in my oppinion

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Marsh is by far the BEST doctor I've ever seen. I've been seeing Dr Marsh for 3 years and he's been always compassionate. He addresses my pain right away but also looks for how we can treat or fix the root cause. He truly listens to every harebrained thought and word I have, which means the world to me during memory issues. Marsh treats me like an EQUAL not some lowly patient. In the time I have been going to him he has researched new things for me(like out of state doctors) and went to bat for me. Yes some aspects of St Alphonsus aren't perfect...but HELLO that's why the man is in private practice now. Since he has moved to private practice there aren't excessive waits. The staff are sweethearts and return my calls speedily. He treats me like family. There are doctors out there who are fixated on either conventional therapy or alternative, Marsh has taken a holistic approach. I am moving to Salt Lake soon,but I'll be saving money to go see him 3 times a yr since he's irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Marsh is an amazing physician and person. He reaches out to you the minute he walks into the room. You know that you are with a person that cares about your health and well being within the first few minutes of meeting him. Dr. Marsh listens to every word you say then spends time going over all of your problems. He makes you feel his equal and also his friend which is a rare gift few Dr. have. He addresses your pain immediately but also then goes on to start testing and find the root of your problem. I cannot understand the poor reviews I read about this Dr. I feel bad for those patients that could not connect with him. I am sorry for their pain and also sorry for their chance to be his patient. Dr. Marsh is very honest with you and may say things you do not like to hear. However if you listen with a clear head you will know he is telling you things for you own well being and after all that is why we go to a Dr. to begin with.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

This is by far one of the best pain management doctors I have ever been to. His staff is very kind and courteous as well. The doctor takes the time to listen to his patients and come up with a great treatment plan

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

After dealing with military doctors who know nothing about pain management and have had several civilian pain docs he rates near the top. My experiences with him have all been positive. Some of St. Alphonsus staff/receptionists on the other hand have been a little unprofessional at times and certain ones. I had to switch pain docs last year due to a medication change for my pain pump and he, Dr. Malari wasn't authorized to use the med I needed in my pain pump. Dr. Malari was a good doctor and if it wasn't for the medication change I would have stayed with him. I'm not from around here and nobody has treated me any differently. I think some people with chronic pain believe that there is a miracle drug that will take care of everything (me too) but after breaking my back and having six spine surgeries in the last 15 years and going through injections, oral pain meds(yuk), spinal cord stimulator, and finally the pain pump I am now down to 5-6-7-8 instead of 8-9-10 on the pain scale. Bye

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I have been treated for extreme pain in my lower back. I have nothing but the highest respect for "Dr. Danial Marsh." I have found him to be fully knowledgeable for my condition. As for personal attributes, I have to honestly give him a very high rating, I have never been rushed, nor have I ever been talked down, or ignored in my conversations with the "Dr." In the reviews I have read, the negative reports, I find hard to believe. It would appear that they would not be pleased with any doctor. I personally know that pain can cause a person to become critical and not think clearly, perhaps the negative comments can be attributed dto the views. I have had Dr Marsh inject my back on numerous occasions and each time he has talked me through each procedure as he worked. This helped tremendously to know what to expect as we progressed....I would give the highest rating to Dr Marsh, for his knowledge, kindness, courtesy, and understanding my pain. He has been my salvation for reduction of my pain level.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

It was my first appointment with Dr.Marsh and I would like to say, he was extremely curtious, and kind. I was in alot of pain and he was very compassionate. I feel he is very knowledgeable on all matters he spoke of. He had good eye contact and was polite the entire time. He made me feel like I was his equal, meaning he listened very good and never spoke down to me, showing me respect, making sure that I understood everything he was telling me. I felt like I could talk to him about whatever and he would listen. I never was interrupted nor did he make me feel rushed. I'd have to say if u need a great doctor and are looking for one that's a great person, then I would highly recommend Dr. Marsh. He knows what he's talking about and treats you with nothing but compassion and understanding. I'd take the other comments at face value because the bad ones are absolutely nothing like who he is.. His staff were very polite and kind also. Thank you, Curt

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Very strange person. I don't recall ever encountering a doctor I disliked so much. Asks questions, then interrupts before you can answer. Seems to jump to conclusions. Underwent a Jekyll/Hyde transformation when there was another dr. in the room, but alone with a patient it is a very unsettling experience. Needs to work on "bedside manner." Needless to say I'll be asking my personal physician to find me a different pain dr. if I continue to need a specialist.

Submitted June 11, 2013

I did not go through with my appointment with Dr Marsh. I want everyone who has had a bad experience with this doctor to know that your reports are not wasted. I want to thank you for preventing me from seeing this doctor. Instead, I returned to my Internist who is successfully and compassionately treating my pain. My internist told me that he would never send someone to Dr. Marsh and that he has heard many bad reports. He said, in fact, the entire pain clinic of which Dr. Marsh is affiliated, has a bad reputation. Keep putting out the word. These doctors need to be exposed, along with their staffs (if applicable) for the terrible way they treat their patients. Dr. Marsh has many negative ratings all over the internet. His ratings are well below the national average for pain clinic doctors. At first, I took all the bad reviews with a grain of salt, figuring that pain doctors cannot please all of their patients; but the overwhelming evidence is that Dr. Marsh is a poor physician.

Submitted October 28, 2012

Personable, knowledgeable, respectful. NEVER gives up trying to help find a way to alleviate pain. Has even called me at home on weekends to follow up on issues.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Dr. Daniel R. Marsh's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)