Ratings for Dr. Saner Elkassem

I can’t say much about the physician as I haven’t seen him, but the staff is rude and disrespectful. I’ve had several chronic disease diagnoses in the past 4 months and my health has gone from great to horrific, including many hospital visits. I spoke with staff and let them know they could temporarily set aside my referral as at this point, a routine colonoscopy simply could not be my priority with all my other appointments and issues. They called me again recently and the lady angrily asked why they couldn’t get ahold of me. When I explained that I had spoken to her she continued to angrily tell me that I had not and that there were no notes about it. We need to start remembering what dignity and care actually is. First line staff are an imperative part of care. People feel sick and horrible as it is, they do not need incompetent, rude staff to make it worse.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

I have been in Dr. Elkassem's care for 3-4 years . He cares so much about his patients he is an awesome Dr. I feel fortunate to have Dr. Elkassem as my Dr.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

I Have had two Surgeries with Dr. Elkassem and both times had great experiences. He has a great bedside manner. Both times he seemed to care about me and how i was feeling unlike other doctors i have been with that just tried to push me out the door. Thank you for all you jave done for me Dr. Elkassem.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Due to his negligence, a patient died under his care of an appendix operation. He also caused another lady permanent nerve damage after another appendix surgery. Not sure how medicine hat ends up with doctor's like this that can't practice elsewhere due to negligence.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Very thorough. He was great about fitting me in with a days notice after having some pain. He is very easy to talk to and really listens.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Seems like he doesn't really care, has trouble focusing when you ask him questions directly.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I saw this doctor twice. When I went back the second time I found out he had made no notes about the first visit. In both visits he was extremely rough with is exam. He was not helpful in addressing my abdominal pain issues..

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Had an appointment for results of a biopsy, which I showed up for, but the office clerk had not placed it in the computer properly, so I had to wait 3 hours to get in. So since my appt wasn't in the books, he did not have the results on hand. I was told the recurring cyst was nothing to worry about, take more antibiotics. So I make an appt with Dr. Witzke, and he had the cyst out in 5 days...it was borderline malignant.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr Elkassem is a wonderful surgeon. He does have his own office but works out of the Medicine Hat Bariatric Clinic also, which is where I met him. He's very knowledgeable about bariatric surgery and if he thinks your a good candidate for one surgery over the other (rny vs sleeve) he will tell you. Because of the 2 offices and his surgery time it can be hard to get into see him but in my opinion he is worth the wait. He truly cares for his patients and on,y wants what's best for them.

Submitted January 1, 2015