Ratings for Dr. Stanley Seah

Had strep throat, simply needed a culture test and antibiotic prescription. Dr. Seah completed his diagnosis rapidly and gave a simple recommendation of salt gargles I'm the mean time. Not much to expect out of a walk-in meeting, but did what we needed him to do.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

I had a stye on my right eye, he prescribed pills and ointment, its a week later and I'm heading back to the walk in clinic, the stye is still the same, this is abuse on part of these doctor's who take advantage of the system by taking our money that we put into it, I also blame the clinic that hires people like this, and mostly I blame the OHIP, system that closes there eyes to the get rich quick treasure hunters that bleed money from it every day.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I would like to share an experience I had at the Health Plus Multispecialty walk-in clinic in Mississauga, relating to Dr. Stanley Seah. I have had a small bump on the back of my leg for over 2 years, never got inflamed or caused me any pain or problems. Until last week, around Tuesday or Wednesday morning - it grew in size, it got red, dark, and warm, I was in severe pain. So after a couple days of this (my mistake in waiting those days instead of going immediately), I came in to the clinic Saturday August 2nd, between 7-7:30pm. Shortly after 9:30pm, I was called in and 10 minutes later Dr. Seah entered. He looked at the area, diagnosed it as a cyst gone into abscess, and prescribed me the topical acidic antibiotic cream Fucidin. He said I wasn't bad enough to require oral antibiotics, but to use the cream twice daily and come back in a week if there was no change, to get the oral ones. A few days pass. I keep using the cream. Little to no change had occurred in my cyst, if anything the pain was much worse - I could hardly walk. I had to take the day off work (Tuesday August 5th) off work. My concern got the better of me. As I was in Guelph for work, I admitted myself to the ER at Guelph General Hospital. The doctor there was very concerned, he drained the cyst immediately and said if I hadn't come in when I did, it likely would have spread into my bloodstream. Spread into my bloodstream. And yet, your doctor only spent 5 minutes with me to give me a cream that didn't even work. He could have referred me to the Mississauga hospital across the street. He could (and should have) done his job properly. I now have to go into the hospital daily for wound cleanings and dressing changes, for 6 weeks. I have 2 jobs. I start school again in September. I had to take this whole week off work, and there is a reason I work 2 jobs in 2 cities (hint: it's to pay my bills). While I did have the infection before coming into your clinic, the ineptitude and lack of care from your doctor has caused THREE extra days of pain for me. It caused the severity of my affliction to worsen. If I had waited any longer, the infection would likely be in my bloodstream. Think about that the next time you rush through your patients.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014