Ratings for Dr. Jason Melnick

He’s been my doctor for years. Very great doctor. I am very happy with the treatment he has given me.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2020

I have been treated by Dr. Melnick for aprox 6 years. I drive 1.5 hours to see him. I would drive longer if need be. I dealt with a local physicians group (Ulster County Kingston area) and had HORRIBLE experiences. I started heading North (Amsterdam NY) and worked my way south until I could find a Dr. willing to listen to my concerns and treat me accordingly. A half dozen Doctors later, I found Dr. Melnick. I have been very happy with my level of care and treatment. Dr. Melnick has helped me IMMENSELY over the last several years and i have complete trust in his ability. The staff at Putnam Hospital where I have undergone pain management have been AWESOME. Friendly, caring, concerned, etc. I highly recommend Dr. Melnick!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

I have been seeing Dr. Melnick since 2008 and he has helped me with the pain I have had in my lower back and pain in my neck.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

I have been seeing Dr. Melnick for a few months and he always has something in his "bag of tricks" to help lessen my back pain.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Dr. Melnick and his staff are very accommodating with appointments and procedure scheduling.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

I have ben under the care of Dr. Melnick for several years. He has always listened to me about my problems. He has always helped me with my condition

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

I received a lumbar cortisone injection from Dr. Melnick and all went very well. No problems there. But I am informed that Dr. Melnick's policy, as stated to me on the phone by his receptionist, is that "he never speaks to patients on the telephone." So although all I wanted to do was talk to him about prescribing a particular NSAID for me, and although in this instance there is nothing by way of examination that he could learn about my pain via an office visit that he couldn't learn via a phone call, he would require me to spend two hours and a $75 co-pay in order to discuss the prescription with him. This is the kind of policy that pads doctors' revenue and drives up health care costs. I would also mention that when I went for my follow-up visit after the injection, Dr. Melnick wasn't even in the office, and I was only able to speak with a physican's assistant. Although the procedure went well, I had key questions about the procedure and my future matters that the P.A. couldn't answer. Another wasted two hours and $75. And, btw, when I made the follow-up appointment, there was no indication that it would only be with a P.A. As much as I would like to return to Dr. Melnick if I need another injection, I will see a doctor who is willing to speak on the phone. Imagine if there were a truly serious problem and a patient would have to work through his receptionist instead of speaking directly to the doctor. Maybe he makes exceptions in that kind of situation, but I will not risk it.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have been to 6 pain management doctors over the years and I would rate Dr Melnick the best of all of them. He is well informed of the various pain management techniques and takes the time to explain them them to you. He has an excellent bedside manner and makes you feel as if he has your best interest in mind. I would highly recommend Dr Melnick.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Finally! I Doctor and staff willing to listen and explore options! I wish I had met Dr. Melnick and his staff years ago! Feeling better than I have in nearly 5 years thanks to his diagnosis and procedures! Words cannot express my gratitude!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Outstanding doctor. Really took the time to find the best solution for my pain

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014