Ratings for Dr. John Marraccini

Dr. John can be arrogant, distant and unkind. My health problems are somewhat complicated, but I believe a knowledgeable doctor can handle it. Once, I called about a problem, and he suggested I go to the ER. Another time, I came in with a relatively minor problem and he told me to go to the ER. Instead, I went to the Baptist emergiclinic, got on antibiotics and was significantly better the next day. Dr. Linda is more accommodating. Both seem to be good diagnosticians. But Dr. John let's his issues "show," and it can be a horrid experience....and particularly unwelcome when one is sick. The staff seems nice enough, but often the morale is low.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

The doctor is straight-forward and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, his staff is very dry and impersonable, they make you feel uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. John Marraccini is a genius!!! He diagnoses things everyone else misses, and has kept me in great health. He caught my rare allergy when everyone else missed it. A nice family guy too.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

I have been going to Dr. John Marriccini for over 6 years. A year ago I developed what was 1st diagnosed as an allergic reaction by an out of state doctor while on vacation. Saw Dr. Marraccini on my return, he sent me for testing of Lime Disease, he was right. A few days of meds and I was back to normal and have been for over a year. Good diagnostician. In the past the front desk staff was hit or miss on calling back or giving test results, making copies of results/reports; they have gotten better in the last year though. He has always listened to what I say, followed up with testing to cover my concerns (Family history of heart disease and colon cancer) and given good information back. I have not seen the aloofness or lack of interest some others have expressed here. Dr. Marraccini has always come across as very knowledgeable, ask questions about my current health, and willing to listen to me about any questions I may have or concerns. I have never seen Linda Marraccini.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. John Marraccini is very knowledgeable and so is Dr. Linda Marraccini. The staff has always helped me out, and my telephone messages are returned within ten minutes. I think they are an excellent choice.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. John M. was great. He did not speak down to me like i've heard, but rather a knowledgeable Dr. that answered my questions.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

I've been to see John Marraccini a number of times in the past few years and he is a great diagnostician. He always knows what it takes to get me back on my feet quickly. The staff can put you off a bit and the phone system is frustrating but the level of care is unsurpassed.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2006

If you want someone who knows what he's doing, Marracini is pretty good. However, if you want someone who takes time with you and really seems to care, pick someone else. Despite his expertise (or maybe because of it) John Marracini can be maddeningly distant, aloof and arrogant. Even if you're eventually taken care of, his patient's list is pretty crowded and the receptionists are very unfriendly. The morale is not good around the office in general, and there is a dangerously elitist attitude that suggests that if you aren't suffering from visible bullet wounds or anything then you're pretty much wasting the doctor's time and you will be rushed through in an assembly line style of care like a packaged meat product.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006