Ratings for Dr. Ellen Koo

Horrible office is all I have to say. Money grabbers

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Dr. Ellen Koo's response
We are sorry you feel that way! However, we are not sure which clinic or dentist you may have seen. We have never gotten such a terrible review before. This is a very blunt review and we have not had an opportunity to discuss this with you as we have had no patients express these thoughts to us in person. Please give us a call at the clinic so we can get more of your feedback which may help turn your experience around if indeed it was us you came to...

Submitted July 17, 2018

During my crown procedure I was asked by the assistant if I want kids? This was weird. Almost 2 years have gone by now. The crown failed and I have recently developed a white tongue or oral thrush. My recollections of my time in this dental office leaves me with the feeling that the wrong things were put in my mouth. I'm very worried about ever having gone to Dr. Koo.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Dr. Ellen Koo's response
We are sorry to hear you have developed a white tongue. We strongly advise you to call the clinic so we can do an exam. We have never heard from you in person, so are you sure this is the correct dentist you are leaving a review on? Also, you should be aware a white tongue is not developed by any dental instruments. Also so you are aware, our sterilization techniques are more than up to industry standards, which we go above and beyond to maintain!

Submitted July 17, 2018

So amazing Dr. koo extracted my wisdom teeth and I ate steak that night and played football the next day!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

great dentist all the staff are very kind and friendly, i would go back

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Ellen Koo's response
Thank-you for your feedback. However, I see you gave us a "2" for punctuality. We are sorry if we kept you waiting, it must have been exceptionally busy when you were here. We strive to keep improving ourselves! Thank-you for your patience! If there is any questions or concerns, we would like to help you. Please call us anytime.

Submitted January 12, 2018

Dr Koo is an amazing dentist!she did 2 implants for me today and the treatment was so fast and painless! It was easier on me than a filling is! I highly recommend her to anyone who wants precise and fast dentistry!I've been to a lot of dentists and Dr koo proved to me she is a true professional!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

The seemingly high staff turnover (where'd all the pleasant front end staff go?) along with the ridiculous amount of persistant phone calls to book in for appointments were reason enough for us to start asking around for new dental office recommendations. What really prompted this negative review was all the issues with our teeth once we did find a new dentist. Dr. Koo certainly appeared to be fairly knowledgeable and competent at the time but now seeing the amount of issues we need to fix, I'm not so sure about that. Very disappointing when it appears money was the driving factor rather than the health of the patients.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

We recently changed dentists from a friends recommendation and discovered that almost all of the fillings that were done in my sons mouth are falling out or cracked. The fillings were done less then a year ago. Also this office only does the white fillings, another way to pad their pockets. Avoid at all costs. They sucked our benefits dry and now we don't have benefits to cover the repairs to their shoddy work. A horrible mark on the industry.

Submitted May 17, 2017

I have seen her a few times following her takeover from the previous practice. At first it wasn't so bad but more recently I was getting phone calls every week sometimes twice a week trying to book appointments as the new year was approaching and insurance would start over. I was told I had 6 cavaties...which I found really hard to believe. I told them that I would contact them when I was able to get the time off work.....the calls still continued. I have changed dentists...and I had only 1 cavity....

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

On Dr. Koo's website it shows all the smiling faces of the staff. Last time I was in all the smiley faced staff had left and didn't recognize a single person. Terrible staff. Would not return.

Submitted April 3, 2017

Worst experience ever at a dental office. I found Dr. Koo and staff rude and not welcoming.

Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Ellen Koo's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ellen Koo was born and raised in Korea, then as a young teen she traveled to and studied in United States as an international student. Ellen decided to remain in the USA to continue her studies and obtained her Masters of Science at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. Her passion for health care fueled her desire to continue her education into the dental field and she moved on to and graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. After graduation she went to Korea to visit her family and there she decided to immigrate to Canada with her mom and dad. She went on to challenge the National Dental Examining Board of Canada and fulfilled the conditions required and was rewarded the Certificate of Qualification and registered with the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia in 2008. Once settled down in the Lower Mainland she excelled as an associate dentist for several years, including a sedation dental group where she became interested in sedation and helping people with dental phobia's. She then successfully obtained her IV sedation certification through the University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry. Eventually she decided to open her own practice here in beautiful Coquitlam, BC where she practices to this day!

• University of Massachusetts Boston