Ratings for Dr. Bronwen Bailey

I attended Bronwyn for severe post traumatic stress and after spending a few sessions with her, it's made me feel worse! She basically told me just to get over it, also she has an extremely sterile personality. I was actually accused of a crime and arrested and jailed despite being innocent and after a long drawn out legal process and a lot of expense that bankrupted me, I was basically cleared of most wrong doing however she had the nerve to say that I brought it upon myself. The reason why I was accused of such a crime was out of spite from someone based on lies. I'm now trying to find more help and have no money. Bronwyn took the last of what I had!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

As I write this, I can't stop crying about my traumatic experience with this lady. She is very judgemental to say the least and yes very lazy! Very very inappropriate advice given and when trying to learn tools for working through issues, she just says to call lifeline!!! I didn't pay $200 a session to be told to call lifeline! What a waste! I am a recovering alcoholic and instead of supporting my desire to be sober, she recommended 'controlled drinking' There is no such thing as controlled drinking for an alcoholic! I'm more distraught now than before I went to see this lady and I don't think I can ever trust a psychologist again. She also admitted that she discussed my issues with a colleague WITHOUT my permission! Where is the responsibility of confidentiality? She also would'n't stop calling me even after I said that I didn't want to see her anymore begging for me to come for more appointments. As the previous person mentioned, she needs to be disciplined by the board of psychology!!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Overall, now finishing up with Bronwen, her mantra is I should just 'pull my socks up'. Bronwen doesn't engender faith that you can work things through in your life, instead her approach is: 'hey; this is not a problem'. She's dismissive & disinterested. She's lazy about applying her advanced training. In recall she forgets client details, makes quick assumptions and throws posters (on therapeutic diagnostic themes) at you down the track that seem to come out of nowhere.. She also yawns, regularly. This sounds harsh but looking at everyone's ratings & reflecting on my ow experience, Bronwen needs corrective professional supervision and competency assessment and shouldn't be collecting money for her services until so.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I guess with all these negative reviews I'm not the only one out there that's had trouble with this therapist. Whilst I was committed to getting help, Bronwen tried to take advantage of me in the sense that she would demand that I see her once a week for the next few years. And she makes it difficult to cancel appointments, need to give 2 weeks notice! Seriously she was so rude and arrogant, she thought that I had a problem with being too reliant on my family. I'm 25 years old and own my own home and work and pay my own bills! And yes she does ask how many people on the first consult that I've slept with! Don't bother!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Just downright rude and arrogant!!! Wished I'd seen these reviews before I bothered! I'm a survivor of severe sexual abuse. I'm 35 years old and can't even try to have intercourse because of the trauma of my childhood where I was repeatedly molested. I was criticised by Bronwen for not 'moving on and having intercourse' and recommend I visit an adult shop and purchase a vibrator to help! What sort of advice is that? No sensitivity for what I've been through

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Critisised my sexual orientation. I'm a swinger and came to see her about my family disagreeing with my choices. Basically blamed me for my family disowning me. Too judgmental for my liking

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Very very arrogant! And yes her payment system is worrying! Still waiting for my receipt. I'm a 40 year old woman and she asked me how much money my parents made in the first consultation! I'm a survivor of sexual abuse and also suggested I was promiscuous! I've had 2 partners only! And yes when questioned about her qualifications she gets her back up! Don't bother! So rude

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Was a bit hit or miss. I agree that she’s judgmental, her approach can often be dismissive, and she was quite touchy about her knowledge/experience. It often felt like she was trying to make things fit a certain textbook description and it was clear she hadn’t prepared in advance of many sessions/was not listening properly. Other times, she had some good resources and her bluntness was a good way to get over something quickly - I suppose she works well if you need a swift kick up the bum?!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Went to see this psychologist for trust issues. I'm quite a confident person but my confidence was ruined with some of the nonsense advice I was given. I was told to just call a friend. I'm already more than very comfortable with that. Also didn't want to listen about other traumatic events that had occurred in my life. And yes, like what the others have said, was asked all the irrelevant questions about my private life and was also told to come to my next appointment to collect receipt. Legally she is required to provide a receipt for administering services and for Medicare. Perhaps she needs her professional body to address this as I was not comfortable continuing.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I wish I had read these reviews before seeing Bronwen as I feel like now that psychologists are difficult to trust. Found her to be extremely arrogant, snobby and came across as very judgemental. She also used the ploy of " I'll give you the receipt at the next appointment " in order to coerce you into coming for more appointments as you need the receipt for the Medicare reimbursement. I came to see her about my mother, due to the trouble I have with her and my mother had agreed to even come to appointments as she also is committed to repairing our relationship. Initially Bronwen agreed but wanted to see me first before speaking to my mother, then when my mother arrived at the following appointment, Bronwen very rudely turned her away. This was very devastating not to mention the very irrelevant questions she asked ie. How many men I'd slept with! I wasn't even seeing her about my intimate life, I was seeing her about my mother! Also Bronwen told me it was odd that I had to fly interstate for my medical treatment, this was due to the fact that I had very specialised major surgery that was unavailable in Queensland which was not my fault! Don't waste your time!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016