Ratings for Dr. Maria Lao

Please listen to me. Avoid this facility, AND especially THIS DOCTOR, all costs. They are the most unprofessional, careless, and disorganized people I've ever seen in the medical profession. No labs done in house. I called to talk to the doctor on an important matter... no call 3 days later!! Even after a follow up call. There needs to be more oversite in the medical profession, to assure than someone like this never is allowed to practice medicine. No one even looks at you! They ship patients in and out like they are cattle. If I could give less than 1 star, I would.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

My parents and I used this doctor since she replaced our old doctor's place and practice. She almost killed my father by prescribing two conflicting medications and caused a second stroke. The paramedics informed us. We probably could have sued her. She is not familiar with herbs or naturalistic approaches to medicine. If your other doctor/specialist leaves the state and you need meds for one month until find a replacement, she actually refuses to write them all no matter what the circumstances; happened to me several times. She has a strong accent and difficult to understand sometimes. In my personal opinion, she needs to brush up on her people skills. She also refused to see me when she saw my dog and I explained a s service animal, she kicked "Princess" out of the room. She is not even familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act. I fired her because she refused to write my main scripts and tried to pawn me off on other doctors becasuse I have numerous health problems.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013