Ratings for Dr. Speranza Dolgetta

I'm so grateful to have found this doctor. I have a few medical issues, some of which are confusing and may be connected. I asked her a question about something, and she listened, took me seriously, and made the referrals I needed. She has been unfailingly kind and sympathetic, and I think she is very good at what she does, in part because she has excellent skills, and in part because she is a nice person who actually listens. I liked my last doctor a lot, but that doctor didn't catch something that she did. We all make mistakes, so I don't fault that doctor, but I am happy that I found somebody so attentive and concerned, and she has helped me. Wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Not very pleased with dr Dolgetta. Went to her with an obvious scoliosis problem in my child, something that was confirmed by an out-of-country specialist. She refused to acknowledge the problem, or refer us to a specialist, all the while praising Canadian medical system as one of the best in the world (indeed, but only if you don't need it). After I insisted, she referred us for an x-ray scan, which confirmed the condition we told her about! The worse part is that she wouldn't own up to her mistake and acknowledge it, which would be ok - we're all human and we make errors all the time. Overall, she is relatively pleasant to talk yo, but I share opinion of another patient that she doesn't listen to patients, and prefers to talk herself. I had a follow up meeting with her at which I had a feeling she shared some other doctors' second opinion, but it sounded like a face-saving effort, more than a genuine and knowledgeable advice. And it was also questionable as several other specialists gave us different advice. Staff were average courteousy, and her punctuality is not different from any other medial office.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I have to agree with many of the other unsatisfied patients here. I wish I would have checked these ratings before going to this doctor. I was happy at first to find a young, female doctor who seemed to be open minded and comfortable to talk to. Things quickly changed for me when I realized she wasn't paying attention to things that I said, and I was being continuously interrupted and dismissed when I was trying to express my concerns. Thankfully, I don't have serious health problems like a lot of other people, but even with simple health issues, I want to feel my doctor cares about my health and is listening to me. I'm not a high maintenance patient, but she sure made me feel like one. I'm so disappointed that I won't be able to continue with her. The clinic itself is fine. Staff were courteous, and the wait times were about as long as any other office I've been to.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Without predjudice. Went here to find a new family dr. I have major swallow probs and breathing probs and can no longer talk. She was very unempathetic and never referred me to one neurologist for my epilepsy or Possible als, she never referred me to a gastroenterologist. I have not been able to swallow fluids and was going to the hospital daily and told her at one visit I needed it fluids, she wouldn't give them to me so I had no choice but to give them to myself after I told her I was doing this she dumped me and I will note an emergency dr already confirmed I had a kidney infection and it is probably due to my swallow probs and not being able to swallow water. This dr would only give me 5-10 min, after she dumped me I waited while she talked over 20 and up to 30 minutes to other patients. If u are super healthy she seems kind but if u have ANY KIND of issue u better get a different dr. If I could have given zero starts I would have FFFF----

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr Dolgetta is amazing - best GP I've ever had - really holistic, knowledgeable, helpful, open.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Doctor Dolgetta is amazing! I have recommended her to many friends and family and they have also had nothing but great things to say about their experience with her as their family Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr Dolgetta has since moved clinics from Crescent Heights medical centre and is now located at the Oasis Medical in Bridgeland. The staff there are awesome and I always get a timely appointment and I'm seen on time as well. I feel I need to point out how much she has helped me in the past few months. I came in in July/17 with crippling anxiety and depression. She showed me so much compassion and didn't judge me one second of the visit. She showed me many different ways to help deal with my anxiety and didn't just push medication (even though that's what I ended up going with). I had monthly visits to check up with her and see how the medication and life changes were treating me. She has a wide knowledge of healthcare, specializing in women's and mental health. Dr Dolgetta has a bubbly personality but I don't mind this and it makes me feel more at ease. I also love how funny she is and always leave her office feeling happy and thankful she is my GP.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

She’s the best doctor I’ve ever encountered. After 25 years of chronic illness she’s helped me put my life back on track.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

She's great! Glad we found her, best Dr. I've had in 35 years!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

She is one of the most personal and caring physicians I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. She has been our doctor for 5 years.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017