Dr. Mark Boutros

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark Boutros

I have been seeing Dr Boutros for a while , at first i only choose him because the clinic is very close to my work place , after seeing and talking to him. I found out how amazing this Dr is , he is very caring, very kind and calm , he explains everything to you , he make sure things are all done right ,from any blood work to any small issue , i highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to have a great family Dr . Thank you Dr Mark

flag | Submitted January 17, 2020

Dr. Boutros are you accepting new patients? Called the front desk and they said maybe in the new year?

flag | Submitted October 25, 2019

Mark is an amazing doctor. Extremely thorough, knowledgeable, punctual, empathetic and never dismissive of your concerns. He does not hesitate to refer you to get a second opinion and always takes the time to properly diagnose.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2019

Best family doctor I have ever had. He's very compassionate and understanding and really cares about me and my well being.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2019

Dr. Mark Boutros is an excellent family doctor. He is always on time and very focused on the issue(s) that you might be consulting him on. He is great at the diagnosis of the problem and prescribing a remedy that is always focussed on improving the patient's condition. I think that the front office staff at the Adelaide Clinic could be much more thorough on managing referrals to specialist doctors. Invariably, these are not scheduled on time and require constant follow-up. Things up front seem to fall between the cracks. Nursing staff are top-notch though. I can recommend Dr. Mark Boutros without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

He is amazing , very competent and excellent diagnostic skills ,

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

I was seeing an OB and Dr. Boutros/ team repeatedly faxed my records to not only the wrong doctor but also the wrong hospital. Additionally, I had extra testing done which I paid out of pocket for as it wasn't covered by insurance or OHIP and Dr. Boutros did not indicate certain details of my pregnancy which resulted in a test coming back saying I was going to have a miscarriage. It turns out that had he indicated the proper criteria on the form, I would not have had the test, I would not have had to pay, and I would not have gone through the stress of thinking I would miscarry. When I addressed these issues with Dr. Boutros and requested the clinic cover 50% of test fee he refused and told me to get insurance to cover it, which was not possible. I was very disappointed with how frustrating and disorganized the process was as well as the fact that Dr. Boutros did not seem knowledgeable about either the test I took nor the results.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Mark Boutros

Dr. Mark Boutros's response
Dear reader, please be mindful that there are always two sides to the story. Unfortunately, the information presented above are based on misunderstandings, and after reviewing the patient's file carefully, I am always happy to discuss with patient in further details privately if they wish so. Dear Patient, Thank you for your review. I will briefly address all your points here to make sure there is no further misunderstanding: 1. As i had clearly explained to you during our last visit, the current OB you are following up with never faxed us any information about your appointments and until now, never faxed us any consultation reports. Your records had been faxed to the OB on file and subsequently to your current OB, who seems to may have not received your records accordingly for whatever reason that is out of our control. 2. As for the costly NIPT testing, first you were clearly and fully informed of costs involved, and I had clearly indicated that the test is not OHIP covered and may also not be covered by your insurance. Therefore, it is not our responsibility to refund any amounts that you had knowingly consented to. 3. Also, I reviewed your file carefully and it shows your fertility specialist himself/herself clearly recommended for NIPT testing as well, even amniocentesis, despite fully being aware of your fertility case. They were not opposed to it at all despite what the NIPT geneticist told you on the phone. And hence, I followed the recommendation of the specialist in your favour. Also important to note, that you did not have the contraindication stated in the form, that you think you have. You were not going to miscarry and did not have any indication of so. By the time the test was ordered, your ultrasound clearly showed a healthy Singleton pregnancy without any concerns, and this was also relayed to you by your current OB, assuring you for no concerns. 4. Interestingly enough, I have not received any reports from the “geneticist” that you had spoken to on the phone to verify their credentials before taking their words for granted. It seems to me you are more upset about the cost of the test than anything else more substantial. Thank you.

Submitted April 8, 2018

Competent. Caring. Reliable. Dr. Boutros is extremely professional. He takes time to listen to the patient, provides compassionate feedback, and offers effective treatment (or a list of options) for his patients. He's an excellent communicator - understandable (without all the medical jargon), clear in his message, and sensitive in his delivery. One feel like he has your back, looks our for you, and genuinely wants you to be well. I couldn't be more disappointed to lose him as family physician, due to my move to Alberta. My loss will be someone else's gain!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I really miss having a fantastic doctor like Dr Boutros since I moved to Montreal. I could always reason with him as he is very sensible and practical. He is very knowledgeable about prescribing the correct medication and dosages. He is very thorough. I would highly recommend him over other doctors. He is concerned about medications with negative side effects. He understands that a small boned person of the same height as a larger boned person weighing the same amount could have greater body fat. Other doctors I encounter fail to understand this.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I find him kind of 'hit or miss'. At times he appears compassionate and empathetic, but I have often found him a bit condescending and judgmental.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Mark Boutros's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

www.adelaideclinic.com