Ratings for Dr. Charles Hoffe

Excellent, caring Doctor. He really helped my husband during a trying time.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Unfortunately, Dr. Hoffe's religion seems to affect his medical practice. For example, he turns away teenage patients seeking birth control, advising them to practice abstinence instead. I've heard that he will only prescribe copper IUDs after quite an argument, and he doesn't offer standard genetic screening to pregnant patients (or dismisses the option brusquely as "that's just for women who get abortions."). Know your options when you see him and don't let his religion dissuade you from something you want.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I credit Dr. Hoffe with saving my leg when it was severely broken and became infected. It was his concern and expert attention that healed my leg. I have dealt with him many times over the years and he is a true treasure of this community and we are very fortunate to have him as Lytton's doctor. His receptionist, Joan, has always acted towards us in the most professional, respectful and helpful manner and is also a treasure of this community.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

He came in late from lunch, saw a patient in the bed beside us (another person who fell), and then disappeared. After an hour (no kidding!) (the kids were there an hour and a half) a nurse came in and we asked what happened to the doctor? She said he went to do clinic duties and he would be awhile. I told her if he didn't think my son was serious enough to see while he was standing a foot away from us then we were leaving. I'm still surprised that the doctor couldn't take 2 seconds to say "I'm heading to the clinic, back in a bit" or "He's not serious make an appt."

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

He is great! always has an answer to everything you need to know about.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Great Doctor - main concern - patient's well being

flag | Submitted November 19, 2006

Exceptional physician with lots of empathy for patients. We are a very lucky community to have him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006