Ratings for Dr. Rizwan Somani

I always find it both funny and strange to be asked about the "Knowledge" of a professional in an area of expertise other than my own. That being said, my experience with Dr. Somani has been all positive (the three starts for punctuality are inevitable when one deals with any specialist). I would highly recommend him to friends and colleagues as an excellent surgeon who also is fantastic with follow-up care, explanations, and support. I am compelled, though, to write a response to the patient who basically said that he was condescending and had a God complex. First, "your five years old" should be "YOU'RE five years old". Second, I would suggest that this person may have issues with their security as a person. In my opinion, this man (Somani) could only be viewed as condescending to someone who has issues of their own and is probably never pleased by anyone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I can't believe the negative comments about Dr. Somani. I found him to be professional, helpful, generous with his time and answers to any questions I had and always a great sense of humour. I felt very fortunate to have been accepted as one of his patients. Top marks, sir!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Somani is a well knowledgeable surgeon. He cares about his patients and the best surgeon in town! I read his reviews before going to see him and was not sure if I would like him but as soon as I met him and heard him talk I knew I was in good hands. It is a busy clinic and how he keeps his calm is amazing. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to see a retina specialist!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr. Somani is a kind and intelligent doctor. I have now seen 3 of the 5 Retina Specialists at the Retina Clinic and Dr. Somani is my favourite by far. He takes the time to listen, will explore all options, order the necessary tests, and work with the patient to come up with an agreeable solution. I am dealing with a very rare eye problem and Dr. Somani has been there all the way. I really can't believe some of these reviews are of the same doctor. My experience with Dr. Somani has only been positive!! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help at the Retina Clinic.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr. Somani is an intelligent doctor who will treat you with respect. He cares for his patients and when you have a retinal detachment and you have him calming your nerves you feel confident going through with it. Even if he was rude I would still go to him because I rather go to a rude doctor who is the best at his job than one that doesn't know what he is doing but very nice! Glad to be his patient.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr. Somani is brilliant! He has always been extremely helpful and very concerned about me as well as my vision. He always takes time to answer any and all questions I have and is very kind when it comes to my eye injections. He has never once made me feel uncomfortable in any way. I highly recommend him to anyone needing an ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Somani is the best doctor for you if you like being talked to like your five and if you don't want to be helped! I have seen many doctors before and have never meet a doctor so full of himself. I could live with ego if he would have helped me instead of saying for two months that I had an infection in my eye when there were absolutely no signs of an infection. Once Dr. Samani got over that he was wrong about it being an infection he finally decided that he would send me to do some test because he had no clue what was wrong with me.His staff was to book my tests and an MRI and they informed that the tests would be done in a month and they would get back to about the MRI the next day, but the MRI would be done within a couple of weeks. They phoned me back the next day and my tests would actually be getting done three months from then and they would not be getting me in for an MRI for a couple of months at least. So if you have an worries about your eyes take it anyone else but this poor excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Serious God Complex. After reading the other brutal comments, it looks as though i'm not the only one. Definitely takes advantage of the Monopoly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

He is rude, arrogant and has no time for researching why the patient is there in his office. He wants patients who are quick fixes and then gone. Very rude and a huge God complex

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Somani is briliant! He has great bedside manners and is very kind. He answers questions and has a way of calming nerves! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a brilliant well mannered doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015