Ratings for Dr. Yosef Nahmias

I have dealt with Dr. Nahmias on a number of occasions over the years and have found him to always steer me in the right direction with regard to root canals and provides consultation with alternatives. I wish I would have consulted with him before I had 8 teeth capped which have created major problems. He favours a conservative approach and to use caution in doing dental work for cosmetic purposes.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Nahmias and his staff seem professional,friendly, kind and most important, trustworthy. I needed an emergency root canal and Dr. Nahmias showed me what he needed to do and he answered all of my questions when I went for the consultation. I went back for the root canal and again, he and his staff were professional and kind. Dr. Nahmais and his staff helped me to relax as a patient and they told me everything that I needed or wanted to know. I felt like I was in good hands. I am not in any pain and I know that it was a successful root canal.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

The BEST doctor I ever met!!! He is very polite, has a great personality and is very professional. I visited Dr. Nahmias five times and every appointment they treated me as someone very special. His assistants were absolutely great. Receptionists were very polite and helpful. I never waited in reception area to get service. One day I had an appointment, Dr. Nahmias had an emergency case and he was behind of his time, then Marta called me and asked to come 30 minutes later for my appointment. They apologized for this, but I was really impressed, because I did not waste my time for waiting in reception area. Looks like they are great team with great attitude to their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Nahmias and his team!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I was delighted with my root canal this morning. Dr. Nahmias was amazing----informative, gentle, skilled and caring. I knew I was in very, very good hands. I also appreciated that he was so respectful and polite to his assistant. They made a great team! Eight hours later I literally feel great with only minor discomfort. I would give Dr. Nahmias the highest rating possible. Julia Bowser

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

This practice looks like an assembly line. Money-making seems to be the principal motivation. The endodontist spends little time with you as he goes from one patient to another as if in a big hurry. After my root canal I was sent off with 2 tablets of Advil but the pain was soon unbearable so I had to go back for more. I have since changed endodontists; the new fellow is much more caring and the post-op pain is almost unnoticeable.

Submitted April 8, 2013

Fantastic doctor. I had been referred there with the info that he is one of the best in his area, but I was concerned about the pain (from past experiences). I felt NO PAIN whatsoever! Staff is also one of the best I have seen. I strongly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Absolutely the BEST dentist and definitely the BEST endodontist I've ever been to, and I've had a lot of dental work done. Dr. Nahmias did 3 of my root canals with perfect results!! His outstanding expertise and professionalism are unparalleled, he's personal and warm as well. His staff is wonderful and reassuring, I wish I didn't have to move just to be in his care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr. Yosef Nahmias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Yosef Nahmias was born and raised in Mexico City. After he had graduated from the Universidad de Mexico, School of Dentistry, in 1980 with a degree in dentistry, he decided to advance his education and chose endodontics as his specialty. Under the guidance of Dr. Harold Gerstein of Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he completed his thesis on Apex Locators and earned his Master of Science degree in 1983. Dr. Nahmias has authored and published many articles. He continues to lecture in Canada, Mexico and across South America. The University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry has involved Dr. Nahmias in teaching their postgraduate level students in endodontics. Dr. Nahmias resides in Toronto, Ontario with his wife and five children, and has maintained a private practice specializing in endodontics in the town of Oakville, Ontario since 1983.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Hebrew

• Marquette University (Grad. 1983)