Ratings for Dr. Yosef Nahmias

Dr Nahmias and his dental assistant keep you fully informed during the root canal procedure. The experience was pain free and the mood very professional and calming. After the procedure my tooth and gum felt comfortable without any need for painkillers - full kudos to the Nahmias team.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr Nahmias did a great job with my root canal. Took time to explain entire process, options, etc with no pressure. Performed work efficiently and fast with minimal discomfort afterwards. No meds needed after procedure unlike my botched filling by another dentist. Would highly recommend Dr. Nahmias and staff - thank you. N.D.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Very concerned about a client's problems and makes every effort to solve them. He explains in details what he will be doing.Extremely caring and patient.All root canals done by him have not given any problems because he is thorough and efficient. I trust him completely with any dental work. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Root canal performed by Dr. Nahmias on June 16th. 1st time with this Doctor and I was very impressed with the professional conduct of Dr. Nahmias and his assistant Cristi Pastrana. The procedure was performed quickly and there were no distractions. Ms. Pastrana was very friendly and kept a dialogue with me throughout the procedure to ensure I knew what was happening. The follow up phone call was a nice touch. Easily my easiest dental surgery experience and I would highly recommend this doctor and his assistant to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

My 3rd root canal by Dr. Nahmias. Very thorough in explaining the procedure prior to the Root Canal by both Josef and his assistants. The atmosphere in his office was one that made me relax. It was the beginning of the FIFA World Soccer matches and all assistants and Dr. Nahmias were wearing team shirts supporting various countries. I made the appointment in the morning and had my procedure completed the same day in the afternoon. No pain at all during or after the work was completed.??. 24 hours later his assistant calls me to see how I was feeling. A nice touch. I would definitely recommend Dr. Nahmias if you are in need of an Endodontist. ??

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

This a doctor that really cares. He knows what he is doing and makes the patient so comfortable. His sense of humour makes you forget that you sitting in a chair for a dental procedure. Great staff along with a great environment. Believe it or not, I loved being there.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Very knowledgeable doctor and staff. Root canal procedure explained well and performed within time expectations. No pain during procedure. I would recommend Dr Nahmias and his practice highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I was a bit nervous to have my root canal, but after meeting Dr Nahmmias I felt much more confident. He explained the risks and provided a detailed explanation of the procedure. His assistant Cristi Pastrana also explained some of the procedure and explained what to expect as it was being down. They both worked amazingly well together and kept checking in on my well being. Their professionalism was outstanding and my experience was very pleasing. It was a pricey procedure and it exceed my benefit coverage by more than $400 but it only took 1.5 hours and Im feeling much better now so Im happy to say it was well worth it.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Even though I only saw Dr. Nahmias for a consultation, I have nothing but glowing reviews for him. I was referred to him for possible root canal re-treatment, but after examining the tooth, he told me that re-treatment wasn't necessary at this time. I appreciated his honesty so much, as well as his pleasant, relaxed, and professional manner. He took the time to discuss my concerns and didn't make me feel rushed at all. His staff, as well, was exceptional,… I felt welcome and at ease from the moment I walked in the door. If in the future I need root canal work, I will most definitely be returning to Dr. Nahmias. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Yosef Nahmias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Yosef Nahmias was born and raised in Mexico City. After he had graduated from the Universidad de Mexico, School of Dentistry, in 1980 with a degree in dentistry, he decided to advance his education and chose endodontics as his specialty. Under the guidance of Dr. Harold Gerstein of Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he completed his thesis on Apex Locators and earned his Master of Science degree in 1983. Dr. Nahmias has authored and published many articles. He continues to lecture in Canada, Mexico and across South America. The University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry has involved Dr. Nahmias in teaching their postgraduate level students in endodontics. Dr. Nahmias resides in Toronto, Ontario with his wife and five children, and has maintained a private practice specializing in endodontics in the town of Oakville, Ontario since 1983.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Hebrew

• Marquette University (Grad. 1983)

Healthnet