Ratings for Dr. Yosef Nahmias

Dr Nahmias and his dental assistant keep you fully informed during the root canal procedure. The experience was pain free and the mood very professional and calming. After the procedure my tooth and gum felt comfortable without any need for painkillers - full kudos to the Nahmias team.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

This a doctor that really cares. He knows what he is doing and makes the patient so comfortable. His sense of humour makes you forget that you sitting in a chair for a dental procedure. Great staff along with a great environment. Believe it or not, I loved being there.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Very knowledgeable doctor and staff. Root canal procedure explained well and performed within time expectations. No pain during procedure. I would recommend Dr Nahmias and his practice highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I was a bit nervous to have my root canal, but after meeting Dr Nahmmias I felt much more confident. He explained the risks and provided a detailed explanation of the procedure. His assistant Cristi Pastrana also explained some of the procedure and explained what to expect as it was being down. They both worked amazingly well together and kept checking in on my well being. Their professionalism was outstanding and my experience was very pleasing. It was a pricey procedure and it exceed my benefit coverage by more than $400 but it only took 1.5 hours and Im feeling much better now so Im happy to say it was well worth it.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Even though I only saw Dr. Nahmias for a consultation, I have nothing but glowing reviews for him. I was referred to him for possible root canal re-treatment, but after examining the tooth, he told me that re-treatment wasn't necessary at this time. I appreciated his honesty so much, as well as his pleasant, relaxed, and professional manner. He took the time to discuss my concerns and didn't make me feel rushed at all. His staff, as well, was exceptional,… I felt welcome and at ease from the moment I walked in the door. If in the future I need root canal work, I will most definitely be returning to Dr. Nahmias. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

I was uncomfortable at the thought of having this root canal treatment, but it was nothing to worry about. Dr Nahmias prepared me of exactly what he was going to do and talked me through the procedure as he went along. I was actually very relaxed and he did an excellent job. You are in good hands and have nothing to worry about.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

As a patient I would like to say how comfortable I was with Dr. Nahmias. I had a root canal done and from the time I was through I never had any after pain even though I was told I would for a few days. Dr. Nahmias has a very great personality as does his staff. They make you feel very much at ease.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Very good Endodontist. Took time to explain the procedure with pictures and sketches. He has the gentle touch. Recovery was very fast. Office was behind schedule,given Starbuks voucher .Nice customer service.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

A great "chairside" manner, very skilled and knowledgable. Pristine office environment, very friendly and helpful staff. I was impressed with the communication between Dr. Nahmias, Ashley and me throughout the process of having a root canal. Bonus: not a single moment of pain or discomfort from start to finish. I never felt the needles, and 30 hours later have not even had a twinge of discomfort. I might have dozed off during the whole procedure! My wife had work done by Dr. Nahmias and his staff and was every bit as impressed.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

I have dealt with Dr. Nahmias on a number of occasions over the years and have found him to always steer me in the right direction with regard to root canals and provides consultation with alternatives. I wish I would have consulted with him before I had 8 teeth capped which have created major problems. He favours a conservative approach and to use caution in doing dental work for cosmetic purposes.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Yosef Nahmias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Yosef Nahmias was born and raised in Mexico City. After he had graduated from the Universidad de Mexico, School of Dentistry, in 1980 with a degree in dentistry, he decided to advance his education and chose endodontics as his specialty. Under the guidance of Dr. Harold Gerstein of Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he completed his thesis on Apex Locators and earned his Master of Science degree in 1983. Dr. Nahmias has authored and published many articles. He continues to lecture in Canada, Mexico and across South America. The University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry has involved Dr. Nahmias in teaching their postgraduate level students in endodontics. Dr. Nahmias resides in Toronto, Ontario with his wife and five children, and has maintained a private practice specializing in endodontics in the town of Oakville, Ontario since 1983.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Hebrew

• Marquette University (Grad. 1983)