Ratings for Dr. Andre Laroche

I recently had surgery with Dr LaRoche at Humber River Hospital (Jan 2017) and he provided me with excellent care. I went to see him for extremely heavy bleeding, debilitating pain that would make me vomit, with bowel and bladder issues, and I was starting to get two periods each month! We discussed various options - starting with the Mirena IUD, Fibristal, and other hormone related options but when I told him about contraindications - he read the fine print (actually pulled out from the Visanne box the fine print and read it in detail), and agreed with me that surgery would be my best option for suspected adeno and many fibroids. He noted that it is protocol to start with offering the less invasive treatments first before going to surgical options. My husband was also very impressed with Dr Laroche's demeanor. He made us comfortable every step of the way. I would highly recommend Dr LaRoche from my personal experience and am grateful for his care and surgical skills (my physical recovery has been very smooth and my scars are very small).

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Super long waiting times; saw him for my endometriosis but was pretty taken aback with his approach and how he and his fellow pushed Lupron. Said endo will always come back without birth control - which is false. Proper excision should not need hormonal suppression! Red flags my entire appointment. Ladies do your research !

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Always very pleasant and willing to assist in any way he can

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr Laroche is a great doctor!! He was with me throughout my first pregnancy and eased my nerves and answered all my questions. He makes you feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to. I ended up having him as my delivery doctor lucky enough and had to do an emergency c section. Everything went well and my incision healed up nicely. He made me feel comfortable during the procedure and eased my nerves. Thank you Dr Laroche! If I have another baby if definitely want to work with him. His office is run smoothly as well and his secretary Sofi is so sweet and kind.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Laroche after I asked for a second opinion for a fibroid which felt different than my previous ones. From the start, he took my concerns seriously (when my former doctor had not because she thought the fibroid wouldn't be an issue once I went into menopause) and was very professional in follow-up appointments. I can't tell you how reassuring it was to know that someone cared about my opinion. After seven months and 3 follow-up appointments, we opted to do a hysterectomy which scared me. Nevertheless, Dr. Laroche was compassionate, knowledgeable and just wonderful overall. This extended to me just before surgery and post op in his hospital visits. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. Even his receptionist is top notch. Sofi feels like a friend I've known forever. Truly, being referred to Dr. Laroche was so advantageous for me. He (and Sofi) deserve every positive review on here.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Laroche and his secretary Sofi are both amazing! I have had great experience with both of them and my pregnancy and delivery was a breeze because of them! I absouktely love both of them and would go with them as long as possible. If there is one reason I would want a third child is this amazing doctor and secretary! Bedside manner is amazing, he doesn't rush you, explains everything with patience and answers all your questions.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Great experience with Dr. Laroche and Sofi. He is very attentive and detail oriented and I was very fortunate that he listened to all of my symptoms and concerns and was able to diagnose a condition during pregnancy, which ultimately saved baby. Thank you Dr. Laroche for guiding me through my pregnancy and thanks for being present for a smooth delivery!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Laroche for about a year now for Endometriosis. He is very kind, thorough, and an excellent surgeon. My recovery for excision of endometriosis went well with no complications, and he was very comforting and helped ease my nerves in the hospital prior to the surgery. I would recommend him 100%. Sophi at the front desk also needs to be reviewed as she is SO kind and just wonderful!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Very good experience to be a patient of Dr Laroche. Very Friendly & helpful staff

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Andre LaRoche is extremely knowledgeable and takes time with each person he sees. You feel like you are in good hands. I recommend him to my friends and family. He is amazing. Also Sophi, his secretary, is so nice as well.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016