Ratings for Dr. Alec Walton

Terrible doctor. Did not believe I was in serious pain and so screamed at me that I was wasting his time. Later found out from Helmcken Pain Clinic and from MRI results that I had a serious nerve compression in my spine. Even so, he would not send an emergency referral to a neurosurgeon. Then he told me I seemed unhappy to see him so he fired me and said he was leaving my files at the walk-in clinic. As a 69 year old male with a serious back problem, who do I turn to now that I no longer have a GP?

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

Jubliee clinic visit was smooth and easy plus Dr Walton diagnosed my condition quickly with good follow up.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Best doctor I've ever had. Excellent bedside manner, a keen interest in his patients, and just an overall great personality.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Fantastic doctor! He has taken a keen interest in my case as I’m a new paraplegic who requires complex care Md other mental health issues. Alec is a really good doctor that is really patient and listens to everything I say. He always offers me good choices in my treatment. He allows me to hold the reins regarding my treatment but will grab the reins when necsassry ! He’s a very got fit for me and my husband. He’s never let us down.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Great doctor and wow... is he a looker! I saw him riding his bike to work in spandex

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Best walk-in clinic in town! I went to ER in VGH first and they sent me back home. But my situation got worse so I decided to come here. Met Dr. Walton and he’s very professional and diagnosed the real reason caused my sickness. Referred me to Jubilee hospital and I did the procedure yesterday. I feel much better now! Thanks Dr. Walton and I hope you can become my family doctor!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I have had Dr. Walton as a GP for several years now. He is competent, polite and has a good sense of humor. The major problem is that his practice is now full (overflowing?) which has resulted in scheduling problems (gone from 1 wk to 4-5 wk wait time!!) and it's also affected the quality of service he's able to provide because he's SO BUSY! We're now forced to go through the clinic in order to see a physician!! A friend had to wait 3 months to get a biopsy which turned out to be MELANOMA!!!! The real issue is not Dr. Walton but it's the lack of GP's in the community. Hospitals pay their GPs 1.5-2x's the salary with none of the headaches (staffing, office &equipment costs) that GPs in private practice incur. The solution is to get hospital GPs out into the community and to create a viable Nurse Practitioners program in BC to take some of the burden off the limited number of GPs.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I had a very disappointing experience with this doctor. He is very egotistical, closed-minded and did not take me seriously.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Best doctor I've ever seen. Kind, straightforward, extremely knowledgeable and understanding.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Overall good doctor. He seemed a little rushed but he took the time to get to know me and what I was going through. Extremely personable and kind. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017