Ratings for Dr. Steven Hansen

Clearly his preference lies with delivering babies not family medicine, he should've specialized in OB/GYN. I wish he would send me for more tests to help diagnose what is clearly a serious issue. Also the wait times are ridiculous.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

knows when to perscribe medications, and when it is better to just get over the pain as well, listens to all i have to say and is very likeable

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Hansen is very knowledgeable and is very personable and attentive. His care with me and my family, as well as my maternity care has always been excellent. He takes his time to listen to your concerns, and I never feel rushed. He is wonderful with kids also, and you can tell he does really care about his patients. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

My family has been patient's of Dr Hansen for almost 3 Years and he is wonderful his entire staff is great. I have had nothing by great experiences with my prenatal care with my second child. Great Dr for kids and babies .I've always felt comfortable. It does take 30+ mins sometimes to get in to see him also not a big fan on paying $2.50 for parking every time.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr Hansen has fantastic bedside manner and gives great maternity care. Would not recommend him for people with medical needs outside of the maternity/young children scope. He does craft his practice around these needs. My husband went in to see him and he didn't really take him seriously. One thing I've noticed that really has bothered me the past few visits is that he has failed to wash his hands prior to examining my children. I would appreciate seeing him to this in the exam room in front of my face, rather than 'hope' he did it in between patients. In the waiting room I've watched to see if he washes outside the rooms and he did not (he went from room to room quickly -- and waiting for 30+ minutes this wouldn't happen) and then in the room during our time together, no hand washing occurred. I've been attentive to this the past 3 visits. Would really appreciate him making a point of washing his hands when he checks my children's diaper areas and faces/mouths. Otherwise, when he has done an internal exam (PAP, or pregnancy examination) he washed and wore gloves. I'm not a very bold person though, and would be too uncomfortable to tell him this in person. Overall a very likeable, kind and patient doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Hansen's for many years. He is very thorough and cares deeply for each of his patients. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Doctor Hansen saw me through my pregnancy and also delivered my baby. He has been absolutely phenomenal. He's very attentive and caring. Someone who truly takes his job seriously and makes his patients feel so comfortable

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

My family was among his patients in his practice and he has always been amazing. My brother was a VERY sick child having been on life support more times than I can count and even though Dr. Hansen wasn't my brothers specialist for his condition he always came to the hospital to check and see how he was. When I gave birth to my two children he came over every morning I was there including the two extra days while my son was being treated for jaundice just to see how things were going. He helped my mom through massive depression issues, high blood pressure issues. Your apt might be quick but I have never felt like he didn't care or that I couldn't ask the questions I needed to. I saw someone comment about his staff having a dog in the building and if you asked you would have found out that the said dog was/is being trained as a care dog for elderly, disabled and children and that Dr. Hansen agreed to have the dog come in as part of its training to become accustom to all the people and so forth. My 3 year old needed to have stitches removed from his chin and was very scared after the service at the hospital putting them in, Dr. Hansen was very calm, attentive and caring to my son. The only down side is yes you usually get stuck waiting to get in and in the waiting room.... oh and that he isn't taking new patients

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I have had some utterly useless experience with this man, you have to wait usually 30 minutes to an hour for an appointment. Very unhelpfull, does not seem to care about you very much. My wife has had him for 1 of our kids, he's good at that. The office staff has a hard time keeping up with their work load, twice I have been in there where one of the staff has had their dog there, while this might be a very nice Dog that does not shed hair or give people issues with allergies, i do not expect a Dog in a doctors office. Have given up on him as our family doctor, will just go to a walk in from now on.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr Hansen should only deliver baby's. He ignored and told me I was paranoid when my son had a Timor on side of his neck. We had to get a walk in Dr to help and it was cancer. He also never referred my other son to children's for a chest deformity and if had have been treated at 13 not 17 he would have not needed a brutal surgery only a brace. His office never once called to tell us my sons results came back cancer till 2 months after he had already had the surgery to remove it. His office staff is useless people will die waiting for appointment referrals and results. Stick to delivering babies and pray for no difficulties !!!!! He records his conversations to. If I was evil I could sue him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015