You may also like

Dr Hansen has fantastic bedside manner and gives great maternity care. Would not recommend him for people with medical needs outside of the maternity/young children scope. He does craft his practice around these needs. My husband went in to see him and he didn't really take him seriously. One thing I've noticed that really has bothered me the past few visits is that he has failed to wash his hands prior to examining my children. I would appreciate seeing him to this in the exam room in front of my face, rather than 'hope' he did it in between patients. In the waiting room I've watched to see if he washes outside the rooms and he did not (he went from room to room quickly -- and waiting for 30+ minutes this wouldn't happen) and then in the room during our time together, no hand washing occurred. I've been attentive to this the past 3 visits. Would really appreciate him making a point of washing his hands when he checks my children's diaper areas and faces/mouths. Otherwise, when he has done an internal exam (PAP, or pregnancy examination) he washed and wore gloves. I'm not a very bold person though, and would be too uncomfortable to tell him this in person. Overall a very likeable, kind and patient doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Doctor Hansen saw me through my pregnancy and also delivered my baby. He has been absolutely phenomenal. He's very attentive and caring. Someone who truly takes his job seriously and makes his patients feel so comfortable

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

My family was among his patients in his practice and he has always been amazing. My brother was a VERY sick child having been on life support more times than I can count and even though Dr. Hansen wasn't my brothers specialist for his condition he always came to the hospital to check and see how he was. When I gave birth to my two children he came over every morning I was there including the two extra days while my son was being treated for jaundice just to see how things were going. He helped my mom through massive depression issues, high blood pressure issues. Your apt might be quick but I have never felt like he didn't care or that I couldn't ask the questions I needed to. I saw someone comment about his staff having a dog in the building and if you asked you would have found out that the said dog was/is being trained as a care dog for elderly, disabled and children and that Dr. Hansen agreed to have the dog come in as part of its training to become accustom to all the people and so forth. My 3 year old needed to have stitches removed from his chin and was very scared after the service at the hospital putting them in, Dr. Hansen was very calm, attentive and caring to my son. The only down side is yes you usually get stuck waiting to get in and in the waiting room.... oh and that he isn't taking new patients

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I have had some utterly useless experience with this man, you have to wait usually 30 minutes to an hour for an appointment. Very unhelpfull, does not seem to care about you very much. My wife has had him for 1 of our kids, he's good at that. The office staff has a hard time keeping up with their work load, twice I have been in there where one of the staff has had their dog there, while this might be a very nice Dog that does not shed hair or give people issues with allergies, i do not expect a Dog in a doctors office. Have given up on him as our family doctor, will just go to a walk in from now on.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr Hansen should only deliver baby's. He ignored and told me I was paranoid when my son had a Timor on side of his neck. We had to get a walk in Dr to help and it was cancer. He also never referred my other son to children's for a chest deformity and if had have been treated at 13 not 17 he would have not needed a brutal surgery only a brace. His office never once called to tell us my sons results came back cancer till 2 months after he had already had the surgery to remove it. His office staff is useless people will die waiting for appointment referrals and results. Stick to delivering babies and pray for no difficulties !!!!! He records his conversations to. If I was evil I could sue him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr Hansen is a great baby doctor. I'm not as happy with him as a regular family doctor. He doesn't like to send you for tests...it's as though the money for that comes out of his own pocket. If we would get something serious I would like to be referred to someone else. We've had him from the beginning of his practice.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I'd have to say that Dr Hansen is awesome! Unfortunately I've only been lucky to see him a couple times with my prenatal appointments. I wish I could see him everytime. He is very helpful, empathetic ], knowledgeable and caring. The mat clinic he works out of, he shares a few other doctors, and I've only seem him and one other female doctor. Not a big fan of the female one, she is very condescending and makes you worry for no reason. I hope I get to see Dr Hansen again, my baby is due in 5 weeks. Maybe I will get lucky and have him deliver her :)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I am very thankful for Dr.Hansen. He recently took me on this past spring after he heard I was having issues with my original doctor (whom delivered me, and I had my whole life). I went years with pain and bad experiences with my old doctor but wasnt sure where to go, started to really feel helpless and thought I'd have to live like this forever. My very first app. with Dr. Hansen was the biggest relief I'd experienced in a very long time. He spent a good 45 minutes with me going through each issue and genuinely cared. I was very excited that I left his office with many forms for tests to be run, as I could not convince my old doctor to do this. I left that first app. teary eyed, feeling like I have a doctor who cares and it felt so good! He personally calls me to let me know the results are in and what they are. He found many answers for me and refered me to a few specialists. Im so thankful, as Im 24 years old and finally feel it physically! Love the ladies up front also.. fantastic!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Hansen. He is wonderful and my family is very lucky to know him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Steven Hansen's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hansen has fantastic bedside manner and gives great maternity care. Would not recommend him for people with medical needs outside of the maternity/young chil..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Hansen's for many years. He is very thorough and cares deeply for each of his patients. Highly recommended! "

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Hansen saw me through my pregnancy and also delivered my baby. He has been absolutely phenomenal. He's very attentive and caring. Someone who truly take..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My family was among his patients in his practice and he has always been amazing. My brother was a VERY sick child having been on life support more times than I ..."

August 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.murrayvillemedical.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V1M0" to "V2Y 2M6". Address has been updated from "None" to "#302 - 22112 - 52nd Ave, Langley". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045330551".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have had some utterly useless experience with this man, you have to wait usually 30 minutes to an hour for an appointment. Very unhelpfull, does not seem to c..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hansen should only deliver baby's. He ignored and told me I was paranoid when my son had a Timor on side of his neck. We had to get a walk in Dr to help and..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hansen is a great baby doctor. I'm not as happy with him as a regular family doctor. He doesn't like to send you for tests...it's as though the money for tha..."

February 17, 2015