Ratings for Dr. Kanchan Parashar

I saw Dr Parasher 11 years ago. I needed a primary care doc ASAP because an emergency room radiologist saw a large mass on my chest and suspected I had lymphoma. Dr Parasher saw this referring physician's notes but I didn't. I was just told I needed to get a primary care doc who could "follow up on ER test results". So I didn't question her when she sent me all over Tampa Bay getting tested for everything from TB to sarcoidosis. At one point she insisted I had bruised myself with my jogging bra while working out and that's why I was in pain. I had 6 weeks of that nonsense and unnecessary testing before she finally referred me to a pulmonologist who (thank God) immediately got me in for a biopsy. My cancer was stage 3 -- if it had progressed to stage 4 I would have sued her for malpractice for delaying care like she did. You can imagine how livid I was when I got my ER records and saw the radiologist's note to Dr Parasher where he explicitly referred me for "follow up for suspected lymphoma".

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014