Ratings for Dr. Peter Ko

Not great GP, misdiagnosed two of my family members. He doesn't listen very well , agreed he's very dismissive on what you have to say. It's frustrating to have to see him , but unfortunately I've got not choice as finding another GP these days are hard to come by.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I have seen Dr. Ko for about 3 years generally for old folk diseases and I find him knowledgeable, caring and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Ko refuses to listen to his patient, let alone try to help his patient with their illnesses. He misdiagnosed me once when in fact I had rubella. I could not get any sort of help or anything from him, and had to resort going to the walk in clinics. He defends himself with criticism like "What do you expect me to do about it?". You're a doctor, don't you have any suggestions? I wouldn't be coming in to you if I didn't have to.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Ko for a long time. I find his service as a Dr deteriorated over the years. Wait time for him is minimum 40 minutes to 90 minutes. His staff is generally friendly and helpful, but I am lucky if Dr Ko gives me 5 minutes of his time without brushing me off after a 90 minute wait. I find it more and more useless going to him over the years. Last visit he snapped at me when I asked him why it took a month for an emergency referral to a specialist. I am very disappointed and frustrated with his service as a doctor, but there are very few doctors out there that are taking patients.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I beleive he is a tad bit racist and does not like helping people that are on social assistance I witnessed first hand I am a person of colour I am not on social assistance but have felt discomfort and judged

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dismissive. Arrogant. Treats patients like we are stupid immigrants.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I am soooo sad to report that ALL the bad comments are true. He needs to listen more and talk less.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Absolutely awful. Long waiting times and half-assed appointments He only gives you proper treatment if you actually look like you are dying or suffering from condition in his view, like my bronchitis two years ago that resulted me in hacking my guts out during a 45 minutes wait. The only reason why I go to him is because I can easily get the specialists I want whenever I want because of his unknowledgeableness he just passes the buck to another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

In my opininon, Dr. Ko is as fine a doctor as any. Yes, you have to wait, but I haven't ever been to see a doctor where I didn't have to wait a good 30-45 minutes. I really don't have a problem with him chatting with his patients either. These seem like frivolous complaints; be patient, people! With me he only ever takes 5-10 minutes. I only see him when I'm really hurting and he's taken good care of me over the years.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013