Ratings for Dr. Jack Boxer

Dr. Boxer has been my family doctor for 31 years and my son's family doctor for 18 years. He is amazing to us. I have never experienced the behaviour described below. He is always pleasant and is interested in my concerns. I have never felt disrespected or has he EVER been condescending to me, not once in 31 years. In my opinion, he saved my son's life. He was 4or 5 was very sick and I took him to the Emergency room, twice. He was seen both times and we were sent home with the "flu". Finally on the Monday morning, I took him to Dr. Boxer. He recognized immediately that my son was very sick. He sent us to the Pediatric Ward at SMH and were met by a Pediatrician at the front doors of the hospital. This certainly wasn't caught by either of the TWO emergency room physicians. We feel a great deal of fondness for Dr. Boxer and I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I know for a fact that i suffer from ovarian cysts, recently the pain has been getting worse and i went in asking for help in treating them, i was recently admitting to the hospital as well as the pain was so bad i almost passed out at work. He completely dismissed me, made me feel like a hypochondriac, refused to give me a referral to a OB/GYN, and suggested that maybe i had "pulled a muscle in my abdomen" and it would fix itself over time. I tried telling him that I've been suffering from this for YEARS (5 years to be exact) and I can't do it anymore. He made me feel like a complete idiot and i left bawling my eyes out. I've gone to him with other problems in the past and he's never listened to my concerns, i've gained weight uncontrollably, i'm constantly tired, i feel like i can barely function as a human being and on top of that i have these painful cysts. His solution was to put me on birth control which im fearing has made it all worse. Maybe he takes men more seriously, but if you're a woman, DO NOT GO TO HIM. He will dismiss all your concerns and make you feel like you're exaggerating everything. Currently in search of a new GP. Never going back to him ever. I'd rather wait 3 hours in a walk in.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I'm not surprised to see such terrible reviews for Dr. Boxer. He's been borderline incompetent at every turn & neglected to mention my anemia despite repeated blood work showing same. Trying to get a new GP when there's a doctor shortage is turning out to be difficult, even though Boxer has been chronically disorganised and apparently barely able to do his job.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is a clown Doctor. Got his diploma at Clown School. I saw him 4 years ago and was very ill and had a blood sugar level of 12. I got treatment with a new Doctor. He was reading test results when I went in that I was continued not feeling well and couldn't see that. I have a new Doctor and my diabetes under control. He is a clown and an idiot. If I could give him a negative I would.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I am not sure why there is all the negative reviews. I find Dr Boxer very straight forward and helpful. He seems extremely knowledgeable and I would certainly recommend him to anyone who needs a thorough experienced GP.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

This guy is a total waste of time. I thought I was lucky to get a family Dr. that was still accepting patients at this point in his career, but I now know why, they leave as fast as they come in. He doesn't listen, is absent minded and not very knowledgable and yes very condescending . (I spent my career in laboratory medicine) I was very clear with him regarding my conditions before I went in for a phisical and he did nothing, although I gave him a complete oral history of my health situation, and had all my records sent to him, he gave me a requisition for the most basic lab tests. As it turns out I needed to renew some prescriptions when I was out of town and I went to an old family Dr. Although he renewed the prescriptions he said I was way over due for a phisical (which I supposedly just had with Dr. Boxer) and he said he could not refill next time with out a current phisical. He gave me a requisitions for a comprehensive list of tests which I took advantage of. The results were carefully explained to me. They gave me a full print of the results and indicated the required referrals that the four red flags indicates were necessary. One is a cancer indicator and I am still in limbo with moving forward. If this doesn't move forward fast I will also likely be contacting the College and the BC Cancer Agency to get some traction on this.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Boxer was the rudest doctor I have ever had the misfortune of speaking with. I saw him for a walk in visit with a very basic request which was met with his condescending and dismissive personality. He is looking to belittle and loves to argue. Avold him at all costs, hopefully he will retire soon and isolate himself away from the general public.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Today I had a worst medical assistance ever. Would not recommend anyone to visit this doctor. He was rude and disrespectful. He didn't want to listen any of my problems. After my visit I was totally ruined. I'll never go to Seymour Clinic again.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Compete Jerk avoid, I sure wish there were more Dr's available who needs to come at certain hours to get medical notes signed won't recommend this Doc he's off an on nice one minute then a complete opposite at other times

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

He is by far the worst doctor that I've ever been to. This guy shouldn't even be practicing. He is incompetent, has no respect for his patients, doesn't even look at you in the entire appointment, and he has absolutely no interest in helping any of his patients. He makes it very clear that for him you're just a number in his agenda. When I started explaining my pain he told me he just had 10 minutes for me, so he would just treat one issue. He has no clue when to refer his patients to the right specialist. Overall, avoid the pain of even scheduling an appointment with him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016