Ratings for Dr. Jack Boxer

Im sure if you’re a middle aged man you receive knowledgeable and effective treatment from this Dr. If you’re a young woman, maybe steer clear. He googled copper IUD and then mansplained how they work by reading me the internet for 5 min. I didn’t ask how they work, I know how they work, I’ve had one for 5 years. He kept cutting me off every time I tried to tell him I knew all of this, it felt as though he was reading about them for the first time. Once I had my prescription for it I told him I would make an appointment to have it put in at the OBGYN clinic where I am comfortable going. He cut me off again and told me that he would have me get it done at his clinic, that the “ladies do a good job here.” He said it as though I had no choice in the matter. He was running 30 min behind so he brushed off my next question by telling me he had a really hard packed week and needed to get to the next patient. I had been with him less that 7 minutes. He said that that I should book another appointment some other time because HE had a busy day. Like I didn’t wait in the waiting room just as long as the next patient, like I didn’t leave work early to see him, like I was supposed to feel sympathy for his hardship and sacrifice my wellbeing for his comfort in a way that, as my health care professional, he would not do for me. I’ve seen him three times now, this interaction is pretty par for the course.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Was seeking PreP, which had been pioneered at BC CDC for HIV in downtown Vancouver, minutes from his office. He had no idea what it was, didn't bother to even look it up, decided to consult infectious diseases, and rudely ushered me out of office into waiting room. I was asked to wait for indefinite amount of time. Obviously I left after reasonable time and still have not received any follow-up information.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

He was irritated by me, he didn't even look at me, I felt bad and upset when I left his office. He is a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

My 85 year old mother has been seeing Dr. Boxer for five years: he has been more then friendly, takes time to explain and is very caring. My mother is a diagnostic challenge and he has referred her to many competent specialists. The staff are very gracious to my mother as she is in an electric wheelchair. I quite do not understand some of the comments, this has not been the treatment my mother has received.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Horrible. Very rude and arrogant . Vaste of time. I came with sharp pain and he even did not look at my toenail, just prescribed antibiotics and told me to change my socks twice a day. Is he really a doctor???

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr. Boxer has been my family doctor for 31 years and my son's family doctor for 18 years. He is amazing to us. I have never experienced the behaviour described below. He is always pleasant and is interested in my concerns. I have never felt disrespected or has he EVER been condescending to me, not once in 31 years. In my opinion, he saved my son's life. He was 4or 5 was very sick and I took him to the Emergency room, twice. He was seen both times and we were sent home with the "flu". Finally on the Monday morning, I took him to Dr. Boxer. He recognized immediately that my son was very sick. He sent us to the Pediatric Ward at SMH and were met by a Pediatrician at the front doors of the hospital. This certainly wasn't caught by either of the TWO emergency room physicians. We feel a great deal of fondness for Dr. Boxer and I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I know for a fact that i suffer from ovarian cysts, recently the pain has been getting worse and i went in asking for help in treating them, i was recently admitting to the hospital as well as the pain was so bad i almost passed out at work. He completely dismissed me, made me feel like a hypochondriac, refused to give me a referral to a OB/GYN, and suggested that maybe i had "pulled a muscle in my abdomen" and it would fix itself over time. I tried telling him that I've been suffering from this for YEARS (5 years to be exact) and I can't do it anymore. He made me feel like a complete idiot and i left bawling my eyes out. I've gone to him with other problems in the past and he's never listened to my concerns, i've gained weight uncontrollably, i'm constantly tired, i feel like i can barely function as a human being and on top of that i have these painful cysts. His solution was to put me on birth control which im fearing has made it all worse. Maybe he takes men more seriously, but if you're a woman, DO NOT GO TO HIM. He will dismiss all your concerns and make you feel like you're exaggerating everything. Currently in search of a new GP. Never going back to him ever. I'd rather wait 3 hours in a walk in.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I'm not surprised to see such terrible reviews for Dr. Boxer. He's been borderline incompetent at every turn & neglected to mention my anemia despite repeated blood work showing same. Trying to get a new GP when there's a doctor shortage is turning out to be difficult, even though Boxer has been chronically disorganised and apparently barely able to do his job.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is a clown Doctor. Got his diploma at Clown School. I saw him 4 years ago and was very ill and had a blood sugar level of 12. I got treatment with a new Doctor. He was reading test results when I went in that I was continued not feeling well and couldn't see that. I have a new Doctor and my diabetes under control. He is a clown and an idiot. If I could give him a negative I would.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I am not sure why there is all the negative reviews. I find Dr Boxer very straight forward and helpful. He seems extremely knowledgeable and I would certainly recommend him to anyone who needs a thorough experienced GP.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017