Ratings for Dr. Adam Oliver

Hospital staff say he is an excellent surgeon. The surgery he did on me may have been good, but I still had problems for months afterwards and still do over two years after surgery. The staff is almost totally without interest or caring - I thought if I got up and walked out they probably wouldn't notice. The Nurse-Practitioner for Dr. Oliver was rather nice, decent and seemed to care somewhat. He promised a response when I called back with a question or for a referral to physical therapy, etc., but it was like pulling impacted teeth to get through to him (which I never was able to do) and finally I got a referral through a nurse who actually did something. The appointments for visits were made rather easily and they were punctual. Dr. Oliver is way beyond arrogant and will even slap your hand or push you physically if you don't instantly react to his mumbled commands. As far as a diagnostician I would give Oliver perhaps one star. He would not listen to my situation after surgery and pretty much told me to go away and that I didn't know about what I was saying. He told me that the symptom I was explaining had nothing to do with his surgery nor was it related to a neurological condition. I later did my own research mostly through literature at leading medical facilities and what I was explaining to him was exactly related to a condition at L5 (did he not know this?). There seem to be some decent surgeons at this practice, mostly without personality or any bedside manner, but the only one I would trust would be Dr. Lawson (neurosurgeon) and Dr. Martin (neurologist).

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Dr. Oliver is one of the best doctors have ever been to. He is brilliant and know exactly what he is doing. on two occasions he has taken me out of the most overwhelming pain. Thank God for Dr. Oliver. We are luck y to have Dr. Oliver in Tallahassee and I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who wants the poefessional care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

My wife and I went to him about her constant and disabling neck pain (multiple pass fusions )and he was short with us and rude and it seemed as if he resented us being there. He showed us her recent scans on a monitor and could not point out the problem so I asked him so what was is causing the pain and his answer: "I don't know" I do not mind that answer as much as he did not give us any guidance as what to do or try next-- it was just 'get out of my office please' He did not care or have sympathy for her pain it was like " go somewhere else to suffer" He may be highly rated as a neurosurgeon but he is a ZERO as a human being . My family doctor(who knew him and his family) recommended him. I need to tell him what he has become If only awards, diplomas, etc. could operate!!,

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

To put it plain and simple....don't waste your time!!!! Find a doctor who cares!!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Had to take my Mom's in for a F/U after a fall and brain hemorrhage, I would not go back to him, he was more interested in his smart watch than he was in listening to us, when I tried to give everyone details of what was going on with her, he told me to "sit down and let him do what he does", very arrogant, disrespectful, a true a$$, after being a RN for over 24 years, I know a jerk when I see one! If you need a Dr. From this group, use Dr. Lee.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Had to call their office 4 times to get a test scheduled. Dr Oliver was an a$$. And I would Never see him again. The epitome of arrogance and uncaring.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr. Adam Oliver is a wonderful Doctor. I found out I had three aneurysms last year and Dr. Oliver performed stent assisted coils on two of them before the ruptured. Everything is going great. I feel very lucky and thankful. Thanks Doctor Oliver!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr, Oliver treated my sister, Julie, after her ruptured brain aneurysm. At a time when we felt most lost and helpless, he kept up informed and comforted us. We know that Julie was in the best hands possible. Thank you Dr. Oliver

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014