Ratings for Dr. Derek Ng

I went to Dr. Ng to treat minor lower back and neck pain. Dr. Ng was the first chiropractor I've ever been to. Knowing this, he was very keen in explaining how the spine works in detail and exercises I can do at home between our sessions. The pain I felt in my back and neck when I first visited Dr. Ng has almost completely subsided. Alongside Dr. Ng are Amy and Natalie who help keep the office running. The three of them are always welcoming whenever I come into the office greeting me with a smile. I only put four stars out of five for punctuality since I've had to wait at the most 10 minutes past my appointment time and only a couple of times. However, I can't totally fault them for this as they are always willing to work around my busy work schedule to get in a session. I should also mention Daniel, the masseur, who has helped in relaxing my muscles (especially after a good workout at home). Daniel shares the same qualities as Dr. Ng and encourages communication to ensure that he is using a level of pressure you’re comfortable with. If you have any type of pain, I recommend Dr. Ng and his office to help you get back to normal!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Went to see Dr. Ng 3 week ago due to a lingering lower back pain. He is the first Chiropractor I've ever been to. He was very patient in assessing and understanding what may have caused this lower back pain and have been going for treatments with him regularly. The appointment is always right on time and staff members are very pleasant. Starting to feel better already with the help of Dr. Ng, Tomo and Dan~ very friendly and can tell they take the time to listen and really care about how you feel in the entire healing process. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Derek Ng was my first chiropractor I've ever visited. He was very professional and got right to the point, while maintaining very friendly conversation which made me comfortable with the service. After experiencing 2 years of on and off back pain, he immediately had an assessment and x-ray done to see what the problem is. After diagnosing and narrowing down the problem, we went straight to the treatments. The adjustments took about 5-10 minutes per session, and after a couple months my back pain subsided substantially! Would definitely recommend this chiropractor to anyone who needs to get rid of their back pain! Very punctual, very little wait time, and very knowledgeable in what he does. Thanks Dr. Ng!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Doctor Ng is so knowledgeable, friendly, punctual and reliable. I can make plans without worrying about delays, Amy keep the office on track. I found his website and like the straightforward information and reviews, I gave it a try and I’m so happy that I did it, my back is forever thankful. Prices are so affordable and published in their website. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t like to write reviews, but doctor Ng deserved it. You’ll be in great hands.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I always have a friendly, timely, and helpful experience with Dr. Ng and staff. Very happy to have found this clinic in my area!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Good experience with therapy, it helps for my neck pain to get better and both Doctor and their associate are very helpful and warm.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr.Ng has set up a wonderful office and practice in Markham that is friendly and easy to access.I have personally been seeing him for a year now, and have never had to wait for my appointments, or felt uncomfortable in his office. I came to his practice in excruciating pain, he and his staff work very hard and diligent with me till i felt better. I recommend Dr.Ng to family and friends

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. Ng and his office manager always greet you with a smile. They actually remember you and I feel at ease talking to them throughout my treatment. I've never been to a chiropractor more punctual (I've had 3-4 previously). The wait time is minimal here. Dr. Ng definitely seems knowledgeable and listens to his patients. In terms of helpfulness, he doesn't seem to focus on anything outside of the actual spine (i.e. if I tell him I have pain in the glutes/arm pain, etc.). I was referred to his physiotherapist (who I haven't seen due to limited availability/scheduling). Perhaps this should not be expected of a chiropractor, but perhaps I have a skewed view as my last chiropractor was more wholistic in this sense.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Ng for almost 2 months for lower and upper back pain which was the cause of my sciatica and numbness in my arms & hands. He explained everything thoroughly to me and I did all treatments as he recommended. Now I feel great, the pain is gone, I can move again and no more numbness. He's very professional, easy to talk to and always on time! Amy provides the best front desk service I've ever encountered at medical office. Definitely recommended!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr Derek and his friendly team offer a professional and excellent service. I went there with a bad lower back pain and I could barely walk. Now, after two months of treatments and psyshio, I feel so strong and I have learned how to keep my back strong and healthy. Definitely recommended!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Derek Ng's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ng embraces the body’s ability to heal itself, living by the approach to prevent problems from occurring rather than allowing a problem to take place and then fixing it. This was what led Dr. Ng to pursue a career in chiropractic. Upon completion of his doctorate degree, Dr. Ng served as the clinic director at Chiropractic of Wildwood (Missouri, USA). He helped launch this new practice into one of the busiest practices in the area. It was in 2013 when Dr. Ng decided to move home for the cold winters and to be closer to family. Dr. Ng pursued his formal chiropractic education at the prestigious Logan College of Chiropractic (Chesterfield, MO), graduating in 2009. In addition to his Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Dr. Ng is also a proud graduate of York University (Toronto, Ontario) with a Bachelors degree (Specialized Honors) in Kinesiology & Health Sciences (2004) as well as Bachelors degree in Human Biology from Logan University (2006). Following extensive post-graduate courses, Dr. Ng is board certified in acupuncture with the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Dr. Ng has earned Fellowship status with Acupuncture Society of America and was fortunate enough to have studied under the world-renowned Dr. Richard Yennie, one of the pioneers responsible for introducing acupuncture to North America.

• English
  • Cantonese

• Logan University (Grad. 2009)
  • York University (Grad. 2004)