Ratings for Dr. Michael W Rippington

I had a colposcopy done several years ago by Dr Rippington. It was not a very good experience. He was late and rushed through the procedure. He often repeated himself confirming with me what it was that I was there for at the start and kept flipping through papers. His behaviour made me very nervous especially when during the procedure he mentioned that I had a little spot on my cervix which he was concerned with and in his own words said that he would 'just nip it off'. Later when I asked my Gp about Rippingtons report, there was no mention of this 'little spot'. A few years later I was at a social function which Dr Rippington also attended. He was badly intoxicated and making inappropriate and insulting remarks about many of his patients in regards to procedures he had performed and what he was getting paid. He was absolutely appalling. In my experience both professionally and personally, I can say that the man is a boor and a disgrace to his profession. I honestly hope he is no longer practicing.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014