Ratings for Dr. Anita Saha

Although Dr Saha is pleasant she is not very knowledgeable. Actually I think she is stupid! She missed my cancer. I truly believe if you want a good, ecperienced and competitive MD, you need to stop going to your local gynecologist and find one affiliated with a major institution, not in a golf course community where all they want to do is relax.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I became pregnant with thyroid cancer.Her very first words were it's very dangerous for you to continue this pregnancy with thyroid cancer.She added who will take care of your family if somthing happens to you.She advised to abort this baby without giving me any other alternative option. Her remarks were completely contrary to my endocrinologist who told me my thyroid size will increase because of pregnancy related hormones but it's not dangerous to continue this pregnancy. However,after discussing my case with my endocrinologist,Dr.Saha gave me this impression that your endocrinologist is not telling you the truth ,otherwise she would guarantee about your safety and write it down that it's ok to carry a baby with this tumor.In next visit she kept saying,I am with you if you want to continue it but it's very risky and dangerous for your wellbeing. Long story short,Dr.Saha scared me so much that I took this terrible step of terminating my pregnancy. Later on I learned it from my surgeon that I could go for thyroid gland removal surgery during the second trimester of pregnancy and save my baby too.The pain and guilt of aborting my own baby because of misguidance and lack of knowledge of Dr.Saha can't be explained just by words. I'm 43 years old and on synthroid.For me conceiving a baby again would be miracle.I am not sure how she deals with uncomplicated pregnancies,however,if someone is pregnant with other medical illnesses please see experience obstetrician.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015