Ratings for Dr. Laura M. Cho

Save yourself the time and money. After waiting for an hour she walks into the room and pulls up a differemt patient! That should have been the first red flag. She then walked out just laughing and left me to wait there for at least another hour. Once she finally comes in to talk to me she jist sits there on the computer without a word so i began to tell her why i'm there. She ignored what i was saying was telling me i had different symptoms than what i did and trying to correct her was like talking to a wall! She wouldn't take the time to listen to what i had to say and just referred me to another dr. acting like she didn't want to deal with me. She doesn't speak english very well and maybe she just couldn't understand me. Worst doctor i've ever been to. Instead of helping me, you know why you go to the doctor, she brushed off and ignored every single question i asked. It's scary that they let her keep practicing.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I don't know about the other reviewers, but my experiences have always been good. So I just wanted to come here and say something good about Dr. Cho. She was attentive and kind, and appeared more than competent. You have to understand that generally the people with negative experiences rush to the internet to write about it, and the hundreds of other satisfied patients like myself keep quiet. Sure the wait was annoying, but I don't think there's a doctor's office that doesn't make you wait. You have to remember that the better doctors are busy and therefore make you wait the most. Also, the staff may not be the best, but frustration towards the staff shouldn't be directed towards Dr. Cho. Overall, Dr. Cho is a great doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I used to think she was a very good and attentive doctor, but my lord she either has too many patients or is getting old. Her staff is nice but slow, and I have to agree the incompetence level has gotten intolerable. Hello! We rely on doctors and their staff for answers and to take care of our health. This isn't the place to rely on!! Very disturbing that I asked for a prescription refill and Dr. Cho emails me saying she didn't prescribe me the medication when she DID!!!! Her English is good, not so bad as the others say. She must have been taking some classes huh?

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Laura Cho is so unhelpful. Every time I visit her for a problem she simply says its not a big deal or that its stress. Well I went to her a few times a while back because of this pain in my neck. She told me it was my job and wrote me a note. I then visited other Drs at St. Joseph in urgent care. I started developing flu-like symptoms when I went. The first dr. i saw said i was catching a cold and to take some meds for that. I went again and was tested for Mono... which came back positive. Something so simple but I had been suffering for weeks! Her and the drs in her office always refuse to give me blood work or tests when I suggest I need them. I always leave there very upset because they refuse to treat me. She's horrible.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Worst Dr. EVER! I have seen a lot of dr's in my short lifetime and she is by far the worst. I have only gone to her for little things that I was positive I had and knew what medicine I needed; or refills on prescriptions. But her incompetence became too much for me. I was a patient of hers for 2 years and every time I went in her staff always asked if I was new, even though they had my records right in front of them indicating that I obviously wasn't. Dr. Cho doesn't speak English that well and seems to stutter over the correct words to use, which makes communicating difficult. Our appointments were always rushed and uncomfortable, she even rushed her nurse out before she was done taking my vitals. I always felt I had to put my foot down to get her to listen to me or hear my concerns before she rushed out of the room. I would never EVER go to her with anything serious or important; and if you have a choice don't go to her at all.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

I have dealt with numerous patients that this MD has misdiagnosed or just not cared to diagnose at all. One of the worst was a young women complaining of being short of breath. she was told to lose weight on several visits. After being rushed to ER, she was found to have a tumor crowding her heart and growing on her heart. She nearly died. Other horror stories as well. Hospital staff steers clear!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

fairly thorough, did appropriate tests for workup. but she told me i had an std when i didn't (because of a computer error they have had known of for some time) and i (and my fiance) was treated w/ antibiotics unnecessarily (not to mention it almost caused a break up). i'm thinking of switching because the office staff is less then helpful and you never get to talk to the dr. she does have email, but she must not read it b/c you have to reply a couple times to get your point across. then she'll make you come in anyways (for every little thing). one of my biggest complaints is trying to get a referral. takes several phone calls (and twice as long as it should) and you have to go w/ whoever she wants, even if the specialist is in your plan.f and you go through this every time (which can be every couple months). also, forget about meds if you're in pain or have insomnia. you may only get like 2 wks worth that has to last you 3 months. even for documented chronic pain.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Great doctor for regular visits. Found I had a thyroid problem after I had been to 3 doctors and none could figure out why I was getting awful headaches and so tired. One major drawback is she is awful at paps... left me on the table while she picked something up. The entire pap lasted 10 minutes when it should last 2? Told me it looked like something was wrong and left me worried for weeks until I found out nothing was wrong!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Horrible doctor. She did not take any time with me, spoke poor English, and went to the extremes with everything, impling that I might have breast cancer and diabetes. She also keep prodding as to whether or not I had an STD even though I kept telling her that I have be monagomous for seven years (and so has my partner). I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. Oh, I also had to wait for 45 minutes to see her which was thoroughly annoying.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

Dr. Laura M. Cho's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)