Ratings for Dr. Belinda Coetsee

Best doctor I had. Very supportive. Treats you as a person. I came in sick, and she figured out what was wrong and treated me. I'm in New Westminster and very sorry she left. I have not yet found someone to replace her.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

She was the best doctor I've ever had and I'm sad she moved to New Zealand. She spent tons of time with me answering all sorts of questions. She has a very gentle manner and always made me feel comfortable. Her front desk staff were quite slow and they made a mess on my referral.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Dr.Coetsee was a very knowledgable, efficient doctor. seen her few times though. however, her staff were some of the worst that i have seen.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Dr.Coetsee was one of the best in her field, in my opinion. Very sad that she is off to Australia, but understand it is for her family. Dr.C was always patient, punctual and made time for any questions or concerns I had. If she felt a specialist was necessary, she did not hesitate. She fought for me with my WCB claim until the days before she was leaving, which was very helpful. I will miss her smiling face and the acceptional service she gave my partner and I. If she is to return to Canada, you would be very lucky to have her as your dr :)

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

I moved to New Westminster a year ago and was extremely fortunate to have Dr. C. take me as a patient. I found her to be warm and interested in the real me....6 months later, she is on the move...We all need to follow our hearts...I too was very disappointed for me, but understand that she can only do her best if she is happy. Good Luck to you and your family. Arlene

flag | Submitted September 14, 2007

When Dr. Yakura was no longer able to continue her practice I was very sad and honestly wondered how they would ever find a doctor as thorough and caring as she was. I was so relieved to meet Dr. Coetse. She has always been friendly, patient and extrememly knowledgeable. My husband and I are in the process of discussing having children and Dr. Coetse had such awesome advice for us, including valuable information about further tests we could perform as I am going to be an older Mom. (37). I was so incredibly disappointed to hear she was leaving. I wish her and her family all the best and would like to thank her for being such a great doctor. - Michelle

flag | Submitted July 8, 2007

Ive just received my letter in the mail that she and her husband are leaving Burnaby! I'm devestated. I've searched years for a doctor who is patient and listens and now she's leaving? I wonder if doctors realize how disrupting it is to go somewhere for only a short time and then up and leave for somewhere else. Very, very disappointed. Now I'm back to square one looking for a decent female doctor who is just as interested in talking to a woman who ISN'T going to have children as one who is.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

Very surprised to see the compliments here. Dr. Coetsee while competent has third world knowledge of many things, such as interactions of certain drugs with babies, benefits of breast-feeding long-term (i.e. to two years old) and midwifery care. She suggested that we were putting our unborn child at risk by using midwifery care, even with a hospital delivery. I nearly died giving birth to our first child due to an error made by a hospital doc (not Dr. Coetsee). She also told us that we were giving our child a death sentence if we did not immunize her - she's nearly 5 years old and the healthiest child I know. If she disagrees with you, she is rude, abrupt and insulting. When she was wrong about a certain drug interaction, she did not apologize for her cruel comments to me, instead chose to simply agree that the drug was not only safe but recommended by her OBGYN team. I'd be happy for her to return to Regina.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

Dr. Coetsee is a breath of fresh air after my last doc. She takes time with you, hears you, explains in a manner that is clear. She is very warm and I trust her 100% with my health.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

Fortunately for me, a friend recommended Dr. Coetsee and I was accepted as her patient. From my first meeting with her, I felt completely at ease, comfortable and as others mentioned, she listened, was easy to talk to and I felt an instant connection with her. How refreshing!! She is the best physician I have had to date.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007