Ratings for Dr. Pooja Das Kumar

Excellent doctor. She was easy to talk to about my mental health issues and when one medication wasn't working well for me she helped me find a solution. Dr. Kumar, I was sad when I got the letter that you were leaving. I haven't had a GP I liked ever until you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had a full physical booked with Dr. Kumar, which I specified I would like to get a pap test and breast exam. One of the assistants whom measured my height and weight also confirmed I would be getting these tests done today. When Dr. Kumar entered the medical examination room, she proceeded to tell me that "regulations have changed and I did not need to get a pap test done". She had said the same thing, at 2 of my prior visits, each a year apart.. I have received advice from other friends working in the medical field, that it is important to get a pap test done once you're sexually active for 5+ years and are over the age of 18. So I had to convince Dr. Kumar to do the test and she complied, but after that she did not perform the breast exam, as I told she would. She doesn't care.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!!!! They do not care about you!! Dr. Kumar is the absolute worst! I went specifically because my husband and I are trying to have a baby. I had the regular routine exams done. Two weeks later I phoned to hear the results as I had not heard anything I was told they were all normal and I would be contacted for a follow up appointment. This was in JULY of 2015. Today I went back and booked my own appointment May of 2016. Today I found out I have multiple cysts on my ovaries and will need to go back for the exact same tests so I can be referred to a specialist. 10 months later they shared the results with me. I also have some type of syndrome that when left untreated causes infertility! I went specifically for help with trying to have baby, and today I found out that for 10 months I have had something that causes infertility when left untreated. When I asked her why I was not contacted she said Oh I guess it was missed. NOT EVEN A SORRY!!! There is now a chance I will never be able to have children simply because I got missed. Do not waste your time hear they do not care about you at all, they only want to write prescriptions so they can get paid. Dr.Kumar especially avoid. I did not even get an apologies!

Submitted May 13, 2016

I've seen Dr. Kumar a few times now and she has helped me with issues that my other doctor seemed to think were not important (i.e. acid reflux, stool testing, weight gain). It was difficult when she left on maternity leave and there was no doctor to replace her. It was difficult finding another female doctor who was accepting new patients, and when I finally did that doctor was very much against bio-identical HRT, natural desiccated thyroid medication and vitamins in general, which are 3 things that I happen to take and trust. She felt Premarin was a better HRT choice!!!! It's very hard to find a good female doctor in Edmonton and I'm glad I have Dr. Kumar to turn to when in need.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

A very mediocre doctor. However, she left on mat leave without telling her patients and without having referrals for them to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

The couple times i've seen her she was very patient and helpful. Very professional and knowledgeable. Honestly i'm grateful. Thank You

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Extremely dismissive and uncaring attitude. Went multiple times for a "hairline" fracture in my foot. Had to push just to get x-rays done and then was told it was fully healed. Almost no direction given on a treatment plan of any kind. Followed up with a different doctor and turns out my "fully healed hairline fracture" was actually a full avulsion fracture that was only half healed. Would never see again.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

My primary physician retired a few years ago. I wanted another female doctor. I met Dr. Kummar and found her to be very professional, thoughtful, knowledgable and kind. Her physical examination of me was thorough and gentle. I appreciated her advice about how to deal with a health issue and will try to follow through! Thank you Dr. Kummar. I will see you again when it is necessary.,

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Trying to find a new family doctor after my previous doctor retired. Thought I would give Dr.Kumar a try. She was easy to get into. Found her to be somewhat cold and not very prepared for follow up visits (had to ask me what prescription I was on and the dosage when she was the one who prescribed it to me).

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014