Ratings for Dr. Dolatabadi Amir

His receptionist Tina is incredible and very helpful. Dr. Amir, on the other hand was a very frustrating individual to deal with. His diagnosis and drug prescriptions were very wrong based on my symptoms, and the specialist he referred me to, I had zero neurology issues whatsoever. He advised me to take some powerful drugs before any test results were even complete. I should also add, his office is straight out of the 1970's. Not a criticism, just a heads up to future patients.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

He was very dismissive of me, my symptoms, and my own family doctor's concerns. He didn't even read my family doctor's reports in his referral to him! Instead, he shot down my every symptom because I had had an EEG done previously at my doctor's request that came back negative, though my doctor was concerned that I received a false negative because I wasn't properly sleep-deprived prior to the exam to capture abnormal activity. I had to argue how severe my episodes are and the symptoms I suffer after them, and he told me that many people suffer and do not complain or seek treatment. When I told him how concerned my family doctor is over my symptoms, he finally pulled up those referral reports and the belittling stopped, at least for a little while, as he read through my doctor's observations. He then told me he would book me for some tests, but would not explain what some of them were, or how others I've already had would differ (or how I should prepare differently) to get accurate results. He would not answer any of my questions - he acted like it was beneath him - nor would he answer the questions that my doctor told me to ask on his behalf; I thought that he would at least respect the questions from another doctor if not my own. He refused to address at all the medication my doctor prescribed even though my doctor requested his opinion on dosage and other treatment, and when I repeated my question he finally said it was up to us to blindly keep experimenting if we wanted to, though he again implied that I must be a complainer to be receiving any treatment at all. I left his office hurt, confused, very upset, and disappointed. My doctor would not have referred me to a neurologist had he not felt it both completely relevant and necessary. I actually tend to downplay my symptoms, and have been told by other doctors that I have a high pain threshold. I have even been scolded for not complaining until an ailment has gone on for far too long, so I was hurt to be called a complainer when I have, in fact, been praised by doctors and nurses in the hospital for being exactly the opposite. Now I will have to make an appointment with my own doctor in order to find out what tests I'm being sent for, how to prepare for them, and to tell him that we are on our own as far as treating my symptoms with medication in the meantime. The only positive thing that I can say about this doctor is that his staff was wonderfully kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I see him for chronic migraine. He works with me to find the right treatment so I can live my life pain free. His staff is friendly and caring. He is a very nice and knowledgable man.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

His staff is very helpful and polite. He is always on time. He does have an accent so you do need to listen to him closely. He has been helpful and my health issues have been improved greatly since seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

He is very knowledgeable and will always try to help his/her patients. He is very humble and will always try to get to the bottom of my problems. Highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

He is a joke I was sent to him after terrible migraines for 2 years every month I get at least 28 migraines. ....he told me "some people just get chronic migraines. There isn't much I can do I mean I have other patients with Ms and strokes and Parkinsons so migraines arnt really my specialty. So here try these meds I'll see u In 3 month " What a freakin joke I'm still angry

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr. Amir is a true gentleman. He is humble, and will look elsewhere if he does not know the answer.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

His staff is amazing!!! Him, not so much. I have been suffering from massive headaches/migraines where I have to lay in bed for days at a time, with no vision, and in tears with pain. He put me on Meds in which I was told were to prevent these. Having reoccurring episodes, looked into what these MEDS were, to find they are an antidepressant!!! No wonder I have had no results!! I strongly suggest seeing what MEDS he has you on, and question it!!! NEWS FLASH!! ! I am NOT depressed!!!

Submitted October 20, 2014

A complete waste of time. After being told by my rheum to go see my neuro I booked in an appointment. First off he complained even though he's a neuro I see on a regular basis. Then he went on to say how pain isn't an ailment like cancer and that everyone has pain and that I should just take more pain meds (which he could prescribe me). He did oddly enough agree with the findings of the rheum neuro wise but again said to just take more meds to treat the symptoms. Had absolutely no interest in finding the cause of my pain or my neurological symptoms.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014