Dr. Roger Kasendorf

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Roger Kasendorf

I thank the Lord daily for Dr. Kasendorf. I have stage 3 metastatic breast cancer... My last docter wouldn't even up my med.He did't feel " comfortable ".I was in so mush pain,I couldn't even walk the dog ,I couldn't do anything on my bucket list.I literally was rolled up on my bed and pray for death.Then here is Dr. Kasendorf a Godsend. He makes eye contact, he really listens..The new meds he started me on. Subsys. is brilliant you spray it under the tounge, so it starts woring in minutes instead of half to ann hour to work..Dr. Kasendorf has given me whatever time I have left to do the things on my bucket list. .I really was contemplating suicde . He saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Kasendorf is an amazing doctor. AftER 30 years of living in pain every day, I can do almost anything. He keeps up with the latest innovations. He isn't a heres -a-pill now go away doctor. He takes time to answer questions and explain what's happening. He actsully listens and involves you in decisions.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I have had pain for several years and no one was able to correctly diagnose. Instead they just gave me medication and sent me on my way. That is, until I met Dr. Kasendorf. He spent a lengthy time asking me history and evaluating my medical condition. He gave me Osteopathic manipulation which immediately relieved my migraines. He then put together a plan to assist me in a home strengthening program as well as Physical Therapy. I am so happy to say that it has been months, I have lost weight and my migraines have diminished. I am even happier that his office has relocated. It is in a better office with a nicer and more welcoming staff. Diana is so kind and returned my calls immediately. I highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I cannot say enough about Dr. Kasendorf. I have suffered with a pain issue for 15 years and I was passed around from doctor to doctor with no relief. Finally I found someone who took an interest in not only managing my pain but trying to find out what was causing it. He "phoned a friend" aka mentor doctor that offered a possible cause. This led to a referral that diagnosed me in 5 minutes. I would not be where I am today with a diagnosis and pending surgery if it was not for the efforts of this fabulous doctor. He is straight and to the point. He is not interested in wasting your time or his. If you are looking for a "feel good" doc who is just pushing pain meds, perhaps he is not the right doc for you. If you want real help for your pain issues, then he is an excellent choice. If he does not have the answer, he will do his best to find the answer. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kasendorf.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Young new doctor, appears knowledgable. But should work on improving occasional condescending & patronizing attitude. Patients asking questions does not mean the patients are ignorant or incapable of understanding. Also, office staff at HPS possibly worst on planet -- no calls ever returned, paperwork misplaced, rude receptionists, tremendous staff turnover (literally, there are new people working there every 3-4 weeks, making it impossible to create or maintain any continuity of care). *** Note to Dr Huntley: You used to have awesome staff -- what happened?!?!?!

Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Kasendorf understands pain and has compassion for those of us who are suffering. He always does his best, not fixed in his treatments but willing to try whatever seems appropriate to help his patients. He is human, not a machine, and he really cares about us. His followup is excellent. His staff is just as caring as he is. The group he works with seems to contract only the highest quality of physicians,because. I have dealt with several in the practice and like them all for their good and caring treatment of me. I appreciate the efforts they make to alleviate my pain and give me back my life.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Roger Kasendorf's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kasendorf grew up in Long Island NY. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Maryland in College Park, then medical school at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. He later completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Nassau University Medical Center at East Meadow, NY in 2007. Since that time, he has served as medical director for his rehab and pain management clinics in NY, and now in San Diego. He has also served as associate program director for the Long Beach Medical Center. At this time, Dr. Kasendorf has opened his practice out of Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California, where he performs multiple medical services within pain management and physiatric medicine.