Ratings for Dr. Peter V. Lopez

Every appointment including the actually surgery he is behind anywhere from 45 min to 1 1/2 hours. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR TIME!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Never seen on time. Spends 5 minutes with you and does not answer questions. Check out can take as long as 30 to 45 minutes. Staff took cast off without doc being in office. Said would call two days later if he needed another. No call. Then it was there is a problem and I need see him, but I have no appointments. Then it was I need an MRI. Got the MRI then its a need to see him again. Sat in the office an hour past my appointment. Only to be told everything is fine with his arm and come back at the end of July ..really think he's just add to bill the insurance company

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Wow! I'm surprised and disappointed to see the negative reviews here for Dr Lopez and his staff. I've been seeing Dr Lopez for 4 years, he's repaired my shoulder which 2 other local surgeons couldn't and operated on my knee. He's helped me with several other issues as well. I find his staff to be excellent and very efficient! I never have any problems getting an appointment with him inside a week. I have found him to be VERY knowledgeable and he has always spent sufficient time with me to explain everything. I know he spends his time running the ER at a hospital as well as his own practice with Brandon Ortho. I have had to wait awhile to get in a few times, but one should expect this when seeing a top notch surgeon. Personally I find Dr Lopez and Brandon Ortho to be head and shoulders above any of the other orthopedic practices in the Sun City/Brandon/Tampa area. I found out just how bad surgery can go when I let Florida Orthopedic operate on me. You can trust Dr Lopez!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

Dr. Lopez's tardiness is not acceptable. I went to him for several months and he did the surgery for my carpal tunnel. Dr. Lopez indicated that he would do the surgery one way but when he actually performed the surgery he changed the way the surgery was performed. I think the way he performed my surgery was one of the causes that contributed to my RSDS. Dr. Lopez does not spend enough time with his patient let along listen to them. I know a doctor has so many minutes to see a patient - but listen to what the patient has to say - patients know the amount of pain that they are in and we know some people might say they're in more pain that what they are actually in - but some are in sever pain. I wish I could take back that surgery performed by Dr. Lopez and maybe I would still have my job today.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

The doctor himself is really nice, however his office staff are terribly rude. I am actually seeking after treatment from another doctor because I won't go back there. I wait 4 hours whenever I go (post surgery), prior to surgery it was about 15 minutes. I feel bad because I don't think Dr. Lopez has any idea how people in the waiting room talk about his rude staff. If you have been there two hours and ask about your appointment, they tell you they are taking people in order, yet someone new comes in and they walk right past everyone else. I also injured my arm after surgery and called on Monday to get an appointment. They couldn't see me until THURSDAY !! I was in so much pain I decided to just go elsewhere. I just can't believe Dr. Lopez would put up with this, he seemed so nice. Anyway, if you can get past his office staff, he seems like a nice doctor. Otherwise it's probably best just to avoid this place altogether, especially if you don't like spending the day in a doctor's office

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Runs into the examination room, provides a very curt diagnosis (RE progress or healing) and quickly exists without giving the patient a chance to ask questions. I pay good money (all out-of-pocket, meaning no discounts usually given to insurance companies) and deserve at least two minutes worth of consultation. I don’t think that is too much to ask.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2007

The rating provided here relates to an incident that happened during a weekend which may explain Dr. Lopez's tardiness, so, the poor evaluation may be the result of circumstantial events. We sincerely hope it (tardiness) was beyond his control. That said, in retrospect it appears Dr. Lopez walked past the patient in the ER at least three times while attending others. While it is understandable that he wished to focus on the task at hand, a simple acknowledgement to alleviate the patient's anxiety would have been much appreciated. The patient finally received consultation 36 hours later.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

Dr. Peter V. Lopez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Commercial Insurance Company