Ratings for Dr. Matthew R. Stanfield

Both Dr Stanfield and his PA Bobby Green are very knowledgeable and are genuinely concerned. The staff is also very helpful!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have never been to a doctor who took so much time with me to make sure I had all my questions answered. I absolutely recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I've been around a few years so I've seen my share of phycians and can say without hesitation that Dr. Stanfield and his PA Bobby Green are top notch. The level of concern, knowledge and patience they exhibited during my visits were beyond compare. They really take the time to explain everything in terms that are easy to understand. They never acted like they were in a rush and always took their time answering all of my questions, and trust me I had quite a few questions. His staff was always polite and helpful whether on the phone or in person.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr Stanfield, Bobby Green (PA) and their staff are amazing. Bobby spent 45 mins with me during my first visit. He Sent me for a MRI and then I came back and saw Dr. Stanfield. He spent an hour with me going over my test results and explaining why I was hurting. He is very knowledge and thorough. He truly listened to me and my concerns. I left there with all my questions answered. I highly recommend Dr. Stanfield.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have never met Dr. Stanfield, only his PA. His PA referred me to Dr. Trang who gave me 2 injections which hurt me and I couldn't walk hardly for 3 weeks. At my followup appt they refused to see me because I never had a CT scan done and claimed I gave them the wrong cell number to get in touch with me. When I asked what number they had, they had the correct number. My husband called to find out what the issue was and they proceeded to lie to my husband about what happened. I brought a friend with me as a witness because I was very disturbed at the fact I never met the doctor and still have not met the doctor. My second appt was supposed to be a followup appt concerning my injections and what my options are. I would NOT recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Stanfield is not only one of the smartest doctors I have met, he is one of the most compassionate. When we needed help for my mother's odd behavior, he gave us the best and most thorough explanation. I have no idea how he has time to see more than a handful of patients a day. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Always late to see you. Kept in office for over four hours to see him. Sends you for numorous uneeded multiple testing. Does nothing to treat you accept pain pills. Monopolizes conversations and never listens to what the patient has to say. Worst doctor I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

First of all I waited over an hour before I was taken back to a room. His nurse was the first person to come speak to me. This person is the most unprofessional person I have encountered in the medical field. I was asked to turn off my phone when I was taken to the room, which was not a problem. She had to step out for a moment and when she came back in I checked to make sure my phone was still off, since I don't turn my phone off often. She rudely said, "I told you to turn that thing off!" She asked me questions and I would respond only to have her cut me off. I was not trying to be long winded. I wanted to be clear so she could understand the situation. This is my spine we are talking about, kind of a serious matter if you asked me. Also I never saw the doctor. I did see his PA who was very knowledgeable. We agreed on a plan of action and I was finally on my way. The next day I received 2 phone calls to set up appointments for treatment that was not part of the plan.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Excellent knowledgeable doctor and very passionate about his work.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I haven't met him yet. I only saw his PA who was very nice. I did have to wait quite a while before I actually got back to the exam room. His staff is very nice, but a bit ditzy. The doctor wanted me to have an MRI, I have metal clips in me from a gallbladder surgery. His staff made me find the manufacturer which took over 2 hours and being transferred around to 5 people at Mercy Hospital. Then they made me call the manufacturer which was a nightmare and took about another 1 1/2 hours with calls to Canada, and five states in the US before I finally got the info. Then they expected me to trust the receptionist's word at the manufacturer of clips that an MRI was safe?? I was emailing the info I found, as well as my concerns. I got a call asking me to ONLY email with the info they wanted, nothing else such as any concerns/problems I'm having. When I'm paying to see a doctor, I expect to see HIM not a PA. I will be getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Dr. Matthew R. Stanfield's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)