Dr. Diana Desai

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Diana Desai

Dr. Desai is a caring, competent, and simply wonderful doctor. I just really, really, really wish her office would use a good system to schedule appointments for new patients, though. Also, the billing staff (which I am assuming are outsourced) are not competent at all. They make billing mistakes and don't take accountability for their mishaps. I do recommend Dr. Desai to all my friends and family because she is an excellent doctor but I do alert them of the difficulty in scheduling appointments through the online system they use and they are so many steps to follow and so much to read. In this day and age, setting up appointments and getting correct bills to be sent to insurance companies should be much easier and accurate.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

She's pleasant, kind and knows her job! I've only visited one time but I felt she did a thorough job. Made me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Desai is kind and compassionate. Takes time to explain in detail about my thyroid nodules. The entire staff is pleasant and the office is efficiently run. I prefer the Katy office because I don't have to pay for parking but they are both run well. She spends ample time with me answering all my questions. I like how they have the ultrasounds and needle biopsies done in the office. I had a bad experience with another dr who sent me first to St Lukes and then to Methodist for fine needle biopsies because the first place didn't get proper samples, not good! So I am happy to have everything I need done in office with a dr who does it regularly. So I am a huge fan of the thyroid nodule clinic. She's got great bedside manner too!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I was very apprehensive when it was diagnosed with thyroid tumors and did much research before deciding on Dr. Desai. My primary care physician and I had decided on a plan of action prior to me seeing Dr. Desai. (we were going to see what the diagnosis and next step would be, together) BUT......Dr. Desai put me at such ease and was so straight forward in a genuinely kind and positive way that I immediately agreed with her suggestion of a biopsy. I didn't even consult with my primary care physician, that is how comfortable I was. I love my new endocrinologist. My daughter now sees Dr. Desai as her endocrinologist. We have made it a family affair. The only negative I have to say is that it is very difficult to reach the Med Center office on the phone. I don't have a computer or smart phone and cannot access the portal unless I am at work, which is not the case sometimes. When I did reach someone they were very curt and that surprised me because they are very nice and helpful when you speak with them in person. Come on office staff, smile when you answer the phone! :-)

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I switched to Dr Desai when my previous Dr retired and have had my best A1Cs since the switch. She was quick to discuss and switch me to new tech such as a Dexcom and a new pump. It is nice to have a doctor that is excited about new technology and can use it to lower A1Cs. I have been going to her for 2 years now and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Dr.Desai has a pleasant personality,she is very polite and makes sure that the patient steps out completely satisfied out of her clinic!! I started to get better only three weeks after my first visit to her clinic!she surely is the best endocrinologist in town.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by how short my time was in Dr. Desai's office (compared to other types of doctors offices), and most of the time I was with either Dr. Desai or the nurse. Both had wonderful beside manners and listened to my concerns. Dr. Desai is very knowledgeable and has helped control my thyroid disease. She took the time to LISTEN. Not to judge or say "it's all in my head" which is what my previous doctor told me to my face (who was a GP and ended up diagnosing my thyroid issues-I never went back). I did online research before choosing her and I am very happy that I did. My thyroid is under control and I have a doctor who I can trust to help me in the future which is very important for a lifelong disease.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Dr. Desai was great. Positive vibe. Unlike other doctors who have very poor bedside manner she was one of the best. I work in critical care and experience both sides of doctors often. She made me feel like together i can beat my health issues. She also took the time to get to know me personally and that is special these days with the many patient mills out there. Great experience during a bad time.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

The staff is very pleasant and knowledgeable and Dr. Desai is a compassionate and detail oriented endocrine specialist. You will feel very satisfied with the care you received. She ask very detailed questions regarding each patients endocrine history and encourages her patients to partner with her in managing their endocrine health. V. LACY

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Dr. Session was very knowledgeable and considered during my visit with her. She spoke with confidence and experience concerning my diagnosis. Very professional as she listen to my questions and took the time during our visit to allow me to ask questions. I highly recommend her and the staff.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Diana Desai's Credentials

Born in the Midwest, Dr. Desai was raised in Houston and attended the University of Texas at Austin, where she graduated from the Plan II Honors program. She subsequently did her medical training at UT-San Antonio and Baylor College of Medicine where during her endocrinology fellowship, she published several papers and book chapters on the topics of diabetes and low testosterone. After completing her training, Dr. Desai worked in a private practice in North Carolina where she had specific interest in thyroid disorders, low testosterone, pituitary disease, diabetes mellitus, and bone/calcium disorders. She is double board certified and an active member of the Endocrine Society, American Thyroid Association, and Harris County Medical Society. Her husband is a gastroenterologist practicing in Clear Lake. She enjoys spending her free time cooking, gardening, and reading. She is well respected by her colleagues and feels it is important to empower patients with knowledge of their diseases, which she feels leads to a better understanding and better management of their health.

• English

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 2010)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Grad. 2003)

• Type 1 diabetes
  • Prediabetes
  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  • Postpartum thyroiditis