Ratings for Dr. Marc Russo

Have been with him since my MVA in 2006. He has never given up trying the newest pain techniques, patient with my reactions to meds and willing to listen. It helps to arrive with a list of prepared questions so not to forget to ask what you want to know. He might seem abrupt but remember, you are there to see a top medical pain specialist who knows his stuff, not to have coffee with him. Dr Russo is always at the forefront of medical research and if you want to work with your problem, he and his expert team will be with you all the way.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

DR Russo has no bed side manner what so ever. He sent me off for back injections after asking me to touch my toes and lean backwards. Telling me I was too young for other disorders. He diagnosis me without and other investigations. Who was I to argue as he was the specialist. These injections didn't work and it was the I was asked to do a MRI. I did this with a full report. Once he viewed the report he then told me four out of five are incorrect and I needed to bring in the scans. He gave me pain relief that caused major headaches as they contained ingredient which I was intolerant too. After viewing the scans he said I had a split disk. When I questioned all the other therapies or tried to ask questions he shut me down. I ended up in tears. He was rude, put me down. I have never in my life met a more rude and unhappy person. I left with no pain relief. Very very upset.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr Marc Russo gave me my life back. He allowed me to feel and look normal again. I had been existing only after a MVA in 2010. I no longer rely on heavy medications to enjoy life. My previous PM only knew medication as a treatment. Dr Russo tried several combinations without success due to adverse reactions then he tried a pain block which was marvellous. After a trial of a Boston Scientific Spinal Cord Stimulator I knew this was the way to go. Dr Russo and his staff are more than angels, they are heaven sent. I will sing his praise loud & strong. I highly recommend Hunter Pain Clinic - Dr Marc Russo.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

My level of pain and poor quality of living, did a complete turn around the day I met Dr Russo. His knowledge is absolutely incredible. I had medications changed, take off some and put onto others. Clearly he practises non addictive medication which is fabulous. He guided me into getting off addictive patches but replaced them with an alternative. I've had two procedure at his private day hospital. I knew exactly what I was having done, his staff are heaven sent also. At no time was anything confusing. He came highly recommended by my neurosurgeon. I wouldn't not hesitate to recommend Dr Russo to anyone suffering from chronic pain. I'm a much happier Mum and wife. I'm also back exercising gently. Heavy duty drugs are not the answer. Thank you Dr Russo. SB

Dr. Marc Russo's Credentials