Ratings for Dr. Joseph Raviv

My experience with Raviv was horrible. I visited this doctor two years ago with complaints of chronic sinus congestion. He offered me endoscopic sinus surgery, without elaborating on any of the costs, complication, or the lengthy recovery. At the time, I was desperate for relief, and therefore accepted the procedure. However, the surgery only made my congestion worse, and every time I followed up after the procedure, Raviv did little to figure out the reason(s) as why things had become worse, rather than improving. In the months after the surgery, I visited Raviv's office multiple times, trying to figure why my congestion seemed to get worse. But all Raviv did was spend about a minute or two looking at my sinuses with an endoscope, before concluding that he couldn't find any problems related to the surgery, and that my congestion must be related to allergies or something else. Obviously, this wasn't the case. That fact that my congestion only worsened after the surgery indicates that the surgery itself must have had a negative effect on my sinuses. I also mentioned to Raviv that I had been allergy tested before, and the results indicated I wasn't allergic to anything. But rather than fleshing out the reasons as to why the surgery had been ineffective, perhaps with a detailed cat scan and X-rays analysis of my inner sinuses, he briefly, and half-heartedly looked through an endoscope, that could only reveal inner regions of my nostrils. He then tried to attribute the problem to my "nonexistent allergies", perhaps to hide the fact that he might have botched the procedure, worsened my situation, and even been negligent in his responsibilities as a surgeon. Furthermore, for every single follow up session after the surgery, I was billed an additional $500, even though nothing was revealed about my situation. I still suffer from chronic sinus congestion, two years later, and my experience with Raviv only made things worse for me. Raviv is a scumbag who is more concerned about making money, rather than helping his patients. If you have chronic sinus issues like me, find a different ENT.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017