Ratings for Dr. Dan Houpt

A wonderful, family-orientated doctor who naturally makes his patients feel comfortable talking about any symptoms or issues they have. He's always eager to accommodate your concerns and is willing to explore options that you present to him, with an open and professional mind. He lets you be in charge of your health and take autonomy over it. Unlike many other physicians I've dealt with in the past, he treats you like a person and understands that one treatment may not be the best for every patient.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2019

Dr. Houpt is arrogant and seems to prescribe Coconut Oil or Pot for most issues. Or tells you to quit Gluten. That seems to be the go to answers.... He needs to know when to send a patient to a specialist and realize he is a GP and does not know all diseases and what is best to treat or maintain those diseases. If a patient wants further answers they should have the right to go to those Dr's who can actually help a patient live a better life. Elaine is great, Danielle not so much. She is rude and makes you feel like you are imposing on her...hello do your job please! He takes so many extended holidays and his weekly early off Fridays are so annoying. I would switch Dr's if there was availability but we do not have that luxury.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2019

Dr. Houpt is a very kind and friendly doctor who genuinely cares about his patients and their health!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Dr. Houpt is always understanding and has been very helpful during a most difficult period. He takes wonderful care of me and together with his staff makes me feel like they care.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

He's a wonderful doctor, who is knowledgeable, friendly and an excellent bedside manner. Our family always has a good experience with him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

Dr Houpt is aloof and arrogant. I took my daughter to see him with flu like symptoms and he patted her on the head accusing her of trying to skip school! I was appalled. She had a fever of 104! He seemed more focussed on flirting with me and the nurses than we was in providing care to my daughter. I took my daughter to the Peterborough General Hospital for treatment after leaving his office and she was admitted. I promised dr Houpt when I left I would file a complaint and I intend to do so. He should not be in practise. One has to wonder why he lost his license for a month in August 2002.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

He is the only doctor my girls look forward to seeing. So good with kids. Always have a same day appointment. Most I've waited is 15 minutes in the waiting room. Elaine at front desk is fantastic too.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

Nice office and staff...but oh, what an arrogant and self important attitude this doctor has! Really condescending and insulting.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

His staff are always smiling, and males you feel at ease. Always try to get people in and out in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016