Ratings for Dr. Tezin Jaffer

The rating system does not cover my issue with Dr Jaffer. The service and facility is great, though the pricing is the highest in Sherwood Park, and possibly in all of Edmonton. Dr Jaffer's charges could be described as criminal. For that reason I've given a 1 Star rating.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Horrible after my sons experience I will never go back. The dental surgeon she uses is very unprofessional. There was no follow up after his dental surgery. He ended up going to the emergency dept. His extensive dental surgery was on Dec 22 No one from this office even called for a follow up.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

This rating system is misleading. You are rating with stars on only four categories: staff; helpfulness; punctuality and knowledge. In all of these areas, I have been satisfied with the service. However, and this is a BIG however, Dr. Jaffer's rates are significantly higher than other highly rated dentists in Sherwood Park. I have 100% basic dental coverage yet I always had to pay out of pocket (eg: around $50 on routine exam/cleaning) because Dr. Jaffer bills higher than what insurers will pay. I changed to an extremely good, highly ranked dentist in Sherwood Park and so far, my insurer pays 100%. What I have learned is that in Alberta, it is the discretion of the dentist as to what they charge for their services. Alberta is one of the few provinces where this is the case. Dr. Jaffer's quote for replacement of my husband's veneer was $300 more than our new dentist. Would NOT recommend Emerald Hills Dental unless you prefer to pay more than you need to.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015