Ratings for Dr. Richard Chan

dr chan is the best, so are all the staff. just had back surgery and I feel great ,have not felt this good in 5 years, my only regret is not seeing him earlier. highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

My back surgery went very well. The nurse had the greatest respect for his work compared to other neurosurgeons in the area. In my case he ordered a nerve block to be absolutely sure that the problem had been correctly identified. He said he would not operate unless he was sure it would solve the problem. During the consultation he took the time to review the MRI images with me and my wife. He has done my type of surgery 10's of thousands of times. He was very co-operative in adjusting his schedule for the final inspection so that we could return home sooner. He got raving reviews from my sister when he did her surgery and my niece had surgery by him today. I have recommended him to friends.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr chan isn't paid to be nice to you, he's an incredibly smart, talented man. His staff at the surgical centre are wonderful and hilarious, you're better off communicating with them more than dr chan, he's a busy man with very few words!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

BE AWARE! If WCB refers you to this doc ask for another. He's unethical and all for lying for WCB. Will even call other docs incompetent with their diagnosis or readings. Said my MRI was read all wrong by a radiologist who doesn't know what he's doing and that is why he is doing his own readings. Said he doesn't trust radiologists and he couldn't see any injuries on my MRI. That's what radiologists do for a living not this guy! Saw more than one GP that confirmed my injury and one who even stated this Dr. Chan is not being truthful. The BC COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS SHOULD BE INVESTIGATING THIS DOCTOR!! A false, untruthful diagnosis can lead to wrong treatment and more damage. Apparently WCB can get away with everything!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I would never recommend him to anyone . He is completely d@$k !!!. He treated me like I was nobody and could't understand him 50% what he says. Just waisted my time and money going to a such unprofessional doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Great surgeon But a complete rude jerk in his office ! Does not listen, contradicts what he says and mumbles so bad you have a hard understanding what he said in the first place! After pro disc C surgery he wanted me to go back to work after one month because I mentioned a light duty program at my work. Complete jerk so if you have him as your surgeon I recommend taking earplugs with you when you go into his office.its btter to just nod your and agree then leave in a rage.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Had back operation 5 yrs ago andstill experiencing back pain, nerve damage to both legs and now collapsing due to leg pain. not recommended

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

saved my life; 4 times in one hospital stay; eccentric, but plain talking; forever in his debt.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

TerribleterribleterribleterribleterribleterribleTerrible

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

this doctor came very recommended. I was in quick to see him, by getting on his cancellation list, and will have back surgery done by him. He was very nice, thorough, efficient, and his assistant, Andra has been awesome. Feel very lucky to have such a skilled smart doctor on my team. Will update after surgery in 6 months

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015