Ratings for Dr. Nicole Dorotik

I had my first appointment with Dr. Dorotik and she was very rude and made some pretty judgemental comments regarding my history of suffering from depression. When I asked for a new prescription for birth control she said "you are on a lot of medications (2) and we should definitely get you on birth control". Well, first of all, I was taking both of those antidepressants while pregnant with my son, based on the advice and under the supervision of both my psychiatrist and gynecologist . In fact, one of the meds was prescribed to me at the end of my pregnancy in the event I started suffering from PPD. I cannot help that I suffer from depression and have to take medication to manage it. I also felt her bedside manner was very cold. As someone stated below, she asked too many personal questions that were totally irrelevant to why I was there. They were not "small talk" questions, like she wanted or cared to know you as a person. Just weird. I will not be going back to her and will find a doctor that can give me information without being judgemental.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr Dorotik is by far the best family physician I have ever experienced. She takes so much time with you and never rushes. Always thorough, professional, and takes time to listen. I have never had any issues with her. She is by far the best!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

In reading the comments below, I have to laugh. I'm surprised that people number one, think that Dr. Dorotik has control over her schedule...if all her time slots are full, it is the staff that will turn you away, not the doctor. Number two, to say a doctor is too pretty to be taken seriously...give me a break. How shallow. Dr. Dorotik is a doctor that wants to really get to know you and wants you to get to know her...on a more personal level than most doctors do. She likes to share parts of her life and enjoys hearing what's going in your life too. I found her to be comforting to talk to and she isn't one to prescribe a lot of un-necessary medications...which I appreciate. Being over-medicated can cause more problems then they treat. My teenage daughters were the first to see her and I liked her so much that I switched to her as my primary!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

My 16 year old daughter is having an asthma attack, not bad enough for the ER but bad enough that she needs to be seen. I was told there are no appointments available. 16 years of raising children and I have never heard of a doctor that won't see someone who is really sick. I guess I have to load up the 16 year old and the toddler and go to the ER. I think this is terrible customer service. What doctor doesn't see someone who is sick? Why should I have to go to the ER when it's not an emergency? Dr. Dorotik couldn't take 10 minutes out of her busy day to treat a patient. I will never return to her. Maybe it would be an okay doctor's office if we knew we were going to be sick and we could have made our appointment in advance. Honestly.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I didnt really like this doctor from the get go she was pretty ****y and very nosey and personal its like seriously im not here to talk to you about my personal life im here to talk to you about a MEDICAL ISSUE ( Might explain why she was never really on time)she kind of seemed like she didnt really know how to do her job right its like i wanted to ask her if this was her first day on the JOB!!!! Stupid

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

This doctor was rude and uncaring. I went to see her before having my gallbladder surgery, and she would not give me a prescription for Zofran, a non-narcotic antiemetic, even though my surgery was already scheduled and I was vomiting daily. She scolded me for being on 'too many medications' even though I was treating gallbladder diease. She suggested that I was lactose intolerant instead. This doctor belittled me and refused me comfort and care when I was very ill. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Dr. Nicole Dorotik's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)