Ratings for Dr. Barry Lam

Dr Lam is both kind and thorough. He takes the time to listen and to explain treatment and to discuss options. I feel fortunate to have Dr. Lam as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Good Dr in my opinion copared to others I have dealt with he would rate number 1.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. Lam is a very good doctor and it is clear he knows his stuff. Receptionists are always chatty and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

He is not very knowledgeable about symptoms and health issues. After my fever I had some skin rashes and took time off from work to go and see him. I waited for 30 minutes to be checked. He spent a few minutes with me and told me to go home, take some Tylenol and get some rest. I was flabbergasted. My wife suggested I drop by at a Walk In Clinic. A doctor checked me within minutes, swabbed some samples for the lab and prescribed some anti biotics till my result came back. This is the last time I am going to Dr. Lam. He is just useless. I am surprised how he became a doctor in the first place.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I have been with Dr. Lam for many years and he has always been great with dealing with my complicated medical history.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

0 knowledge 0 skills poorly trained MD, the CPSBC should push him for CME

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I Needed a new doctor when my last one closed up and moved to north van, and when i Finally got my medical files from Medical Storage(I have a Worksafebc/WCB claim) this doctor would Not help me. He just kept saying that as he wasn't the original GP for the claim he would NOT put his name on any documents to support my claim with WCB and or what my old Doctor had written down and now i am in constant pain from the injury and a doctor who refuses to treat it. i am at the point of no return here and will DEFINITELY be looking for a new doctor when and if he gives me my Medical File last time i asked he said it would cost my 35.00 but I am the one who paid to have it released in the first place at the cost of 135.00.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Lam is knowledgeable and helpful Compared to some Dr's I have dealt with he seems to care for your well being and health and generally appears concerned for you. One of the best I have used in my opinion

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Lam has been very supportive and knowledgable in treating my elderly parents. They really appreciate his service.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012